Canadian Forces Afghanistan Inspired Tactical Vest Re-Skin by Atlas

Hi all,

To begin with, I was annoyed by the OD vest that is default and decided to re-skin it to CADPAT AR. It also features IR Canada flags and ISAF patches.

I wish I could have changed the model as well, but I lack knowledge on how to do that.

Here's a preview:

4JaizVG.jpg

BMgkGIK.jpg

As usual, to install just extract to:

\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Data\z

Cheers,

Atlas

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmBbWXUVtp0Hdgu_bnkSVaEkuPd-AdAM/view?usp=sharing

Atlas CAF Afghanistan Inspired Tactical Vest Re-Skin.7z

Edited by AtlasActual
Added preview pictures

• AtlasActual changed the title to Canadian Forces Afghanistan Inspired Tactical Vest Re-Skin by Atlas
  • 10 months later...

Hi!

So I felt like it and updated the skin to v1.2!

Change log:

-Improved the look of the magazine pouches by reducing the pull tab length and by adding a magazine visible from the sides.

-Added IR identification patch to left shoulder.

Enjoy!

20230121035830_1.thumb.jpg.53040e6b8e7486ce28ab41cfcd52e891.jpg

20230121035903_1.thumb.jpg.5b002340627deb6c1efe7b344607674d.jpg

Edited by AtlasActual

Very cool but just so you know, when we were working on SF in the 03-04 timeframe this is what the troops were wearing:

image.jpeg.b3f88821f24f6b18e36d4800a028a2c1.jpeg

https://legionmagazine.com/en/early-days-canadian-troops-in-afghanistan-2002-2004/

In fact we debated going full olive drab because as you can see that was how we were dressed.  SF is set in 07, which by then we had finally gone all desert but the game was already in final production.

7 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Very cool but just so you know, when we were working on SF in the 03-04 timeframe this is what the troops were wearing:

image.jpeg.b3f88821f24f6b18e36d4800a028a2c1.jpeg

https://legionmagazine.com/en/early-days-canadian-troops-in-afghanistan-2002-2004/

In fact we debated going full olive drab because as you can see that was how we were dressed.  SF is set in 07, which by then we had finally gone all desert but the game was already in final production.

@The_CaptThanks for the insight in the development of the game! I was aware that the early days of Canada's involvement in Afghanistan were a mix match of woodland and arid cadpat. The dress evolved with the war as time went on. With production in mind, I can see why you guys did it the way you did.

For anyone else reading this thread, this mod has been overhauled and combined with my CAF weapon's mod. It can be found here:

2 minutes ago, AtlasActual said:

@The_CaptThanks for the insight in the development of the game! I was aware that the early days of Canada's involvement in Afghanistan were a mix match of woodland and arid cadpat. The dress evolved with the war as time went on. With production in mind, I can see why you guys did it the way you did.

For anyone else reading this thread, this mod has been overhauled and combined with my CAF weapon's mod. It can be found here:

Ya it was a crazy time.  Largely because they sprung the entire mission on us and we went from a cold start.  I was in the land staff at NDHQ back then and clearly remember the guys on international missions desk hearing about the Patricia’s going over on the news…lotta scrambling after that.  SOF guys had been on the ground for months but they weren’t talking to anyone.