Battlefront x Steam version

Hello,

I am considering getting the Fortress Italy title and its modules. I have seen that the game is going to be put on steam in a couple of months. 

So if I were to buy the game now from battlefront website, would there be a way of getting the steam version as well without buying it again?

Thanks 

Yep, you go to slitherine.com and register your game through them in the account portal or whatever. That gives you the game through them. Then you can request a steam key on your profile for CMFI and they will give you a CD key that you can use in steam. So you will end up with 3 versions of the game in the end (Only if you download the slitherine version too).

Edited by Artkin

• 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I'm happy playing the BFC version.

I know Steam and BFC versions are functionally the same but when most of your games are on Steam, it is interesting to get/transfer there your CM games. That way, all your games are centralized and you don't have the hassle to manage serial numbers for re-install. Additionally, patch or upgrade installation is automatic.

I have Steam CMBN and BFC CMFI. When CMFI will be available on Steam, I will redeem a key.

Hello Tim,

As a security and convenience you should. Think about the day when you will change your PC and the hassle to reinstall a BFC version: serial,  patchs, upgrades, etc.

I've never been in the process of registering a BFC game with Slitherine, but I've already requested a Steam key from Slitherine, it's automated and you get the key immediately. Then registering a game with Steam takes less than 1 min.

• 5 months later...

Hmmm.  Interesting.  Just got my 3 Steam keys for CMBN, CMSF2, and CMBS.  I've tried all the keys I have for CMFB though and Slitherine site returns 'key not valid'.  Not sure if that's because I bought from BF as a direct Mac only download or what.  I'll have to contact support to get a key, that said, I don't know if the Mac download options are on Steam for the other games or not?  I've hardly ever used Steam other than for one Civ game I tried (and quickly binned) so it's not a resource I'm used too.