Battlefront has now officially ran out of fictional wars to portray

I REALLY want an updated modern game that takes into account the lessons of the Ukrainian War, and has some options for near future possibilities. I would love to be able to try things with infantry with exoskeletons, UGVs, and various types of UAV options, including swarms. They could even do a base game with one of those, and the rest as modules. All of this has been at least attempted on Pentagon proving grounds. I would pay for a module just to get current approximation Ukrainian order of battle and equipage into Black Sea. You can pretty much simulate the Russians with the current Black Sea OOB if you just pick the absolute worst of everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Early Cold War. Korean War escalates into Europe. Hungarian crises escalate, Sues Canal crises of 1956. South African Bush wars fighting Cubans. Talking about Cubans, Bay of Pigs, and the missile crises.  Got rid of the Search and Destroy strategy in Vietnam, and invade the North. The sky is the limit. 

In response to the thread topic:

Honestly, coming from a mapper/scenario designer perspective, you don't need the fictional stories. Just give us the tools and the world will provide us the stories to create scenarios and campaigns from. The TO&E. The included equipment and the ability to modify things to suit the scenario designer/player, e.g. Professional Edition type capability. The toys, man! It's all about the toys!

As for me I would like to the Six-day war and the Yom Kipper war. Valley of tears battles long the Golan Heights. Crossing the Suez Canal and the Battles of the Chinese Farm, etc. Boat load of tanks, Centurian, T-62, T-55 old soviet armored vehicles, BTR, BRDM. IDF M-3 scout car and half-tracks. AMX-13, etc. Whole bunch of toys right there.

On 6/26/2022 at 6:32 AM, SimpleSimon said:

The Blitzkrieg and North Africa remain the underline for me in future games.

From your mouth to god's ears.  We've lobbied for this for years.  Unfortunately there is a large entrenched contingency here that dumps on CM2 games in these eras and regions.  However, Kohenklau, an xnt modder, has made some great mods for N. Africa/DAK and also some early war.