CMRT ITALY MOD AND FIRST SCENARIO NOW AVAILABLE!

kohlenklau

In my goody box in the CMRT section is the new mod and the first scenario CSIR PRIMO SANGUE...briefing at the bottom.

NOTE FOR Z FOLDER ISSUES: This mod has a folder that should only be in the z folder WHEN you play the scenario, otherwise your script file is hosed up. There is also a new introduction song in Italian, a real toe tapper called "The legend of Piave" (a WW1 battle song) and a splash screen and UI mods. Stuff you don't want in there UNLESS playing the CMRT Italy Mod. If you have lots of extra voices in German, you will probably still hear them. I did mod all stock voices to be Italian. I tried to cover the stock number of slots for helmets and uniforms. So again, if you have extra stuff in your z, then you might see some oddities. If you can, pull that stuff out and keep it outside z safe until AFTER you play this new battle.

Viva Italia!

WrnhobO.png

^
CSIR PRIMO SANGUE <First Blood>

...late morning on the heights west of the River Bug. 10 August 1941. The sky is overcast, the wind is light from the east. The ground is slightly damp from recent rains.
^
You are Capitano D'Carlo of the CC.NN. "Camicie Nere" (Blackshirts). Your Blackshirt company is assigned to attack on the Battalion's right flank towards Prybuzhany. Taking Prybuzhany will support crossing the Bug River. The men are jubilant to FINALLY encounter some action after the long trip from Italy.
^
The Soviet rearguards are expected to offer short but intense resistance. They may hold until killed or captured. -OR- They may pull back and try to cross the river themselves. 
^
The Company Sergente Maggiore has brought up ammo crates for each squadra (squad) <in your 2 plotone (platoon) binary  organization>. Carefully top off the small arms ammo as necessary before commencing the attack. 1 of your 2 plotoni (platoons) has staged down by the wheat fields and should sweep forward and swing out to the right to clear the fields and houses as it moves toward Prybuzhany as your "right hook". Your other plotone is in reserve but is covering your left flank. At about 10 to 15 minutes, they will arrive by the road to provide cover fire for your final assault, or to join the assault. The Battalion has attached 1 HMG and a team of assault engineers to assist you in accomplishing your mission. You have your own section of three light mortars to also support your assault. Mortar ammunition should be conserved as best you can...
^
You have 30 minutes Capitano! Points are awarded for destroying enemy units and occupying the terrain objectives. There are also two parameter bonuses: 1) keep your casualties very low below 10%. 2) destroy most of the enemy, more than 75%.

• 2 months later...

I guess nobody wanted any Italian action on the ost front...or the average CM player doesn't want my half-ass version with obvious limitations. 

Moan and groan time:

What fries my onions is that BFC could fart this out in a few days to make CMRT code changes to add in a 3rd nation. The graphics/3D/TOE/OOB to support it all mostly exist. I always guess/suspect/know Charles obviously has a full time job somewhere else and his efforts for CM new stuff are focused to like the barest allotment of his available time. Nobody else probably has permission or the knowledge to go in and make the changes. If Charles slips on a bar of soap, we are dead in the water.

Steve is 24/7 working on his PhD in 2022 Ukraine-RF War, book deal, media consult, future DoD contracts and sincere best wishes on all that BUT damn I wish we'd see some surprise CMRT or CMFI module for the #EarlyWarOrphans. Ugggh

secure from moan and groan

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, kohlenklau said:

I guess nobody wanted any Italian action on the ost front

I think I tried an earlier production and it was great fun, the one where a truck and AT gun only just made an escape before the main action?  So I'm keen for more, I'm sure others in the gang of six are too.  Or I could try another H2H with the maestro.

I dont think it's 'nobody wants it' (ooh err) it just needs to be thrust out there (ooh err part2).  Hopefully the regal @Warts 'n' all is reading this thread 😉.

EDIT: And I love 'What fries my onions'.  If you could add a few bits of my Habaneros and stick it on a pizza...

EDIT2:  I was about to comment on bending over in the showers for a bar of soap, but oh well better stop there 😬.

Edited by Vacillator

Well, if people don't like one mod, why not try another in Phil's Goody Box (in his footer in case you've missed it)?  Barbarossa, Warsaw, Finn, Romanian, Sapper...

I've tried most and very much liked them. 

It's okay Phil you can pay me later.  Or just send me a crotch scratcher from your collection (but not a used one please).

And don't forget Phil's backyard is busy (from another thread)...

MADQggX.jpg

Edited by Vacillator

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 10:17 AM, kohlenklau said:

I guess nobody wanted any Italian action on the ost front...or the average CM player doesn't want my half-ass version with obvious limitations. 

Moan and groan time:

What fries my onions is that BFC could fart this out in a few days to make CMRT code changes to add in a 3rd nation. The graphics/3D/TOE/OOB to support it all mostly exist. I always guess/suspect/know Charles obviously has a full time job somewhere else and his efforts for CM new stuff are focused to like the barest allotment of his available time. Nobody else probably has permission or the knowledge to go in and make the changes. If Charles slips on a bar of soap, we are dead in the water.

Steve is 24/7 working on his PhD in 2022 Ukraine-RF War, book deal, media consult, future DoD contracts and sincere best wishes on all that BUT damn I wish we'd see some surprise CMRT or CMFI module for the #EarlyWarOrphans. Ugggh

secure from moan and groan

I know, I feel like I've been around for a long time and not much has changed

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's unfortunately very common for our most prolific and talented modders and designers to get burned out (for several reasons) on a regular basis.  Hopefully, Koh will be one of the ones who eventually recover enthusiasm for CM and return.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:01 AM, Vacillator said:

Hi Diego, welcome.

Sadly @kohlenklau has taken leave of the forum for a while.  I'm trying to persuade him to come back, we'll see...

So no way to use this mod in quick battle? Why skin works only for that scenario and not also for quick battle?

As a guess, it may be something to do with tags - a QB would presumably not have any tags unless they can be edited in.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me 🫣can comment on this?

By the way I've been in touch with Phil (Kohlenklau) and sadly he is not considering a return at the moment.  I could perhaps ask him about your issue though...

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I've been in touch with Phil (Kohlenklau) and sadly he is not considering a return at the moment

That is very sad.  He has done a great deal to improve the game.  However, it is predictable as so many of our best end up disappearing.  Can only hope after a suitable time away he rekindles his enthusiasm.  Some do return.

4 hours ago, Vacillator said:

As a guess, it may be something to do with tags - a QB would presumably not have any tags unless they can be edited in.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me 🫣can comment on this?

By the way I've been in touch with Phil (Kohlenklau) and sadly he is not considering a return at the moment.  I could perhaps ask him about your issue though...

Thanks. If you can ask him, it would be amazing.