How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Unconfirmed but this could be interesting:

Khakovka its situated in the eastern side of the Dnieper. The question is, in case its confirmed, if its part of a limited attack by local Ukranian forces in the area, or if it is a counter- attack with the intention of retaking Kherson. At the very least, it will put pressure into the Kherson area and limit any advances beyond the Dnieper.

15 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Hostomel airfield newar Kyiv according to CNN taken by Russians, but maybe that first wave, which could to land and engage.

Yeah, they probably want the airport as an staging point to attack Kiev. They will probably start bringing more equipment and VDV personel as the hours pass by. It seems the Ukranian army is in the process of trying to retake the airfield, thought.

14 minutes ago, BigDork said:

The ship attacked is the bulk carrier YASA JUPITER. It appears to be Turkish owned but flagged out of the Marshall Islands. Its crew is made up of 8 Turks, 11 Filipinos, and 11 Ukrainians. It seems to still be sailing and is on route to Romania still, according to the report. 

https://www.ntv.com.tr/turkiye/karadenizde-turk-gemisine-bomba-isabet-etti,ZxeLwCi9Q0CSvP4eYpy3NQ

Good to know. Now we have to wait and see what is the Turkish response

Edited by CHEqTRO

26 minutes ago, akd said:

@John Kettler, you just posted an entire twitter thread into the forum.  Please stop unless you know what you are doing. Also the Bayaktar footage you are described was a repost from Syria, i.e. misinformation.  You can go ahead and delete the rest, especially since I think it includes unedited footage of a dead Ukrainian soldier.

akd,

Didn't want the whole thread, but the only way I had, given the video link wouldn't copy, was to post the thread link. Expected to see a link, not the whole blasted thing! Regardless, have killed the entire post.  Those interested in any of what I mentioned can look up Zina Portnova on Twitter for themselves.

Regards,

John Kettler

17 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Hostomel airfield newar Kyiv according to CNN taken by Russians, but maybe that first wave, which could to land and engage.

Many videos of massive helicopter assault underway from today.  This one includes two MANPADS launches, but without apparent success:

Edited by akd

2 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

akd,

Didn't want the whole thread, but the only way I had, given the video link wouldn't copy, was to post the thread link. Expected to see a link, not the whole blasted thing! Regardless, have killed the entire post.  Those interested in any of what I mentioned can look up Zina Portnova on Twitter for themselves.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well, go back and delete it dum-dum, especially since the top tweet is a dead Ukrainian soldier without even face hidden. In other news, Relikt ERA (T-80BVM) does not stop the turret pop:

Most tragic losses of this day - Russian missiles hit dislocation of 14th radiotechnical brigade near Podilsk, Odesa obalst - sereal buildings completely ruined, 22 KIA (among them 11 women, militaries)

Video, likely from Hostomel. Russian Su-25 hit cottadge. There was a video, as if Su-25 shot down over Hostomel, but I can't confirm this is tru or not.

3 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Most tragic losses of this day - Russian missiles hit dislocation of 14th radiotechnical brigade near Podilsk, Odesa obalst - sereal buildings completely ruined, 22 KIA (among them 11 women, militaries)

Video, likely from Hostomel. Russian Su-25 hit cottadge. There was a video, as if Su-25 shot down over Hostomel, but I can't confirm this is tru or not.

That it is actually a MIG-29, look at the wings and tail; most likely Ukranian. It seems that it actually fires two Anti-Air missiles, with one of them tracking the ground, unfortunetly. You can see the plane trailing smoke, it seems it was damaged and decided to launch its ordenance to reduce weight and avoid crashing

Edited by CHEqTRO

9 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

If you about the photo with MTLB, that Russian

No, it was one of soldier dead on back in gas station parking lot, no vehicles present.  I just looked at the still that showed as I did not want to view it.  Looked like UKR uniform, but maybe not.

Edited by akd

2 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

That it is actually a MIG-29,

Yes, my wrong. I just have seen a video with Su-25 over Hostomel, so thought this on of them

Zmiinyi island under Russian attack - they used aviation and naval guns of "Moskva" missile cruiser and "Vasiliy Bykov" patrol ship

Ref YASA JUPITER, the bulk carrier is practically brand new (3 years old), and the Russians have attacked a ship going to Russia! Novorossiysk, to be exact. The position info is 16 hours old and therefore says nothing of the attack upon her.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/YASA-JUPITER-IMO-9848132-MMSI-538008172

Other information flatly contradicts the source as to destination,listed there as Constanta, Romania, but does indicate the vessel was hit by Russian air or missile attack, sustained major damage to cargo compartment but is still steaming to the destination. To me, this suggests the strike hit well above the waterline, for otherwise, absent trained damage control parties, the ship would've been badly crippled or even sunk, depending on the cargo and hull damage inflicted. Of direct military note, the second source reports Russian naval bombardment of Ukrainian defeders of Snake Island (ex-naval Spetsnaz base)in progress as of 3:34 PM local time.

https://www.maritimebulletin.net/2022/02/24/turkish-bulk-carrier-hit-by-russian-air-strike-off-odessa-navy-seals-base-off-danube-under-attack/

Russian Navy battle ships, meanwhile, are unfolding attack on a famous Zmeiniy Island (Snake island), just east of Danube estuary. Island is famous for its’ Spetsnaz training base – one of the main navy seals training centers in former Soviet Union. The ships are bombarding the isle with shell fire, probably preparing troops landing, island’s garrison is holding on.

IgorGirkin
@GirkinGirkin has lots of recent stills and some videos on his Twitter, including the disabled (maybe destroyed) positively IDed and invasion marked Tigr STS with Kords NSV 12.7 mm HMG I mentioned in the now deleted post, a BMP-2 broadside with the Z marking on ithe side of its hull, and a road junction with 2 x disabled or dead MTLB-M and 1 x apparently dead Tigr STS. Separate pics by him also show the Russians have outright lost 1 x Su-25, as clearly shown by distinctive Su-25 vertical stabilizer. A Ka-52 attack helo was badly hit but managed a forced landing and stayed upright.

Regards,

John Kettler
Edited by John Kettler

6 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Ref YASA JUPITER, the bulk carrier is practically brand new (3 years old), and the Russians have attacked a ship going to Russia! Novorossiysk, to be exact. The position info is 16 hours old and therefore says nothing of the attack upon her.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/YASA-JUPITER-IMO-9848132-MMSI-538008172

Probably thought it was a fleet of Japanese torpedo boats….

32 minutes ago, akd said:

Many videos of massive helicopter assault underway from today.  This one includes two MANPADS launches, but without apparent success:

I’ve never seen anything like that before. I wonder if those missiles were fired after they passed over if they would have been effective.

That last helicopter looked like a KA attack helicopter.  

Tank battles north of Chernigov ( The tweet says is north of Kiev, but it is actually  +130 Km away from it).

Supposedly the counter attack to retake the airfield is about to begin, hopefully they are able to retake it before those IL-76 arrive.

Edited by CHEqTRO

On a high weirdness note, this guy is the real life equivalent of the maritime blogger in a Tom Clancy novel dealing with a naval war in the South China Sea. The real one here has reported shipboard fires, pirate attacks, like the maritime blogger in the novel, himself a retired mariner. Cue eerie music!

https://www.maritimebulletin.net/2022/02/24/turkish-bulk-carrier-hit-by-russian-air-strike-off-odessa-navy-seals-base-off-danube-under-attack/

Regards,

John Kettler

5 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

Supposedly the counter attack to retake the airfield is about to begin, hopefully they are able to retake it before those IL-76 arrive.

They don't have to retake it as be able to bring the right weapons to bear on the runway. 

The only way this is going to bring Putin down is with the deaths of Russian service personnel.

I am truly saddened that we are hoping Ukraine will inflict the maximum damage on the Russian forces, yet those that put them in harms way will have hot meals and vodka in their dachas tonight, may hell truly exist and be visited upon the Dick"tator who has brought this upon the innocent. 

All I can hope is that somehow, someway, this goes sideways enough to bring the fall of Putin.  I don't know how, but it's all I can hope.  This is murder.  I hope he's overthrown and tried as a war criminal.  It's absolutely astounding that we are returning to the time of megalomaniac war.  Unbelievable.

Just now, danfrodo said:

All I can hope is that somehow, someway, this goes sideways enough to bring the fall of Putin.  I don't know how, but it's all I can hope.  This is murder.  I hope he's overthrown and tried as a war criminal.  It's absolutely astounding that we are returning to the time of megalomaniac war.  Unbelievable.

And yet we, the West, are to blame. Divided and weak as we are, only interested in bigger economies and woke nonsense, while Putin prepared his moves, not even hiding it, but in plain sight. And it doesn't stop here. Mark my words, it's just the beginning.