Tank Battle of Lisow ready for play testing

My scenario is ready to be play tested by anyone who is interested.  Due to the amount of tanks to keep track of it's basically tank vs tank with the exception of some Soviet dismounted infantry in the village. I have the battle set for an hour an ten minutes but has run shorter than that. Maybe because I've played it umpteen times checking things out...😀

You don't need the log4 mod as that area isn't in this battle but may be in future scenarios and is nice to look at when looking over the map.

This is my first scenario so it's not too complicated but is a good slug fest with Tigers, King Tigers and T-34/85's.  Germans vs Soviet AI.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jueajatbm41x8w6/Tank Battle of Lisow.btt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pztxi9tpgcovwrn/log4.brz?dl=0

Edited by Commanderski

I finished the scenario
the map is really great
I didn't know about this battle, I looked at what happened in real life: big battle.
it turns out that I have on several occasions crossed the battlefield without knowing what had happened
I had my first tank losses in the area of the cemetery as it happened in real life.
It's very easy for the Germans, I think you should add anti-tank guns to rebalance, there were some in 1945
In any case very beautiful, and a vast map allowing the maneuver, I love

2 hours ago, Falaise said:

I finished the scenario
the map is really great
I didn't know about this battle, I looked at what happened in real life: big battle.
it turns out that I have on several occasions crossed the battlefield without knowing what had happened
I had my first tank losses in the area of the cemetery as it happened in real life.
It's very easy for the Germans, I think you should add anti-tank guns to rebalance, there were some in 1945
In any case very beautiful, and a vast map allowing the maneuver, I love

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on a few changes now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, Falaise said:

had my first tank losses in the area of the cemetery

Hmmm, mine are in the fields on the other side of the village, but I'd best not add any spoilers.  In any case I'm happy that I've cleared a lot of the hiding Bolsheviks (as far as I know), onwards to victory.  I have never maneuvred so many Tigers and also the artillery on hand is very nice.  I am however feeling a bit 'naked' without infantry support, old habits die hard...

Edited by Vacillator

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I made a few changes to it (maybe more than a few...😀) and will soon be posting an updated version, either Friday or this weekend.

I thought about adding some infantry in but they wouldn't last long and didn't have a big impact on the battle. 

The next scenario will definitely have infantry.

46 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Next scenario?

On the same day a few kilometers Northeast of Lisow there was another fairly big battle between the 6th Guards Rifle Division, 16th Guards Mech Brigade and Panzer Regiment 2 and Panzergrenadier Regiment 64 around the village of Skrzelcyce.   It doesn't look like there were any heavy tanks on either side in that engagement as they were all at Lisow.

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Hi Commanderski. I can't download your Lisow battle. Seems to be removed from Dropbox?

On 2/2/2022 at 12:57 AM, Commanderski said:

i took the scenario out of the drop box for some upgrades and adjustments. 

New version is on its way, old one removed in the meantime.

13 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Hmmm, mine are in the fields on the other side of the village, but I'd best not add any spoilers.  In any case I'm happy that I've cleared a lot of the hiding Bolsheviks (as far as I know), onwards to victory.  I have never maneuvred so many Tigers and also the artillery on hand is very nice.  I am however feeling a bit 'naked' without infantry support, old habits die hard...

it's true it's cool such a power of the tigers to not know what to do with it.

13 hours ago, Vacillator said:

In this battle I'm sure you're right, but I like to have infantry as eyes in front of the panzers.  Next scenario?

yes my pixel tankers grumbled that in I asked them to do the recce on foot in the snow: "we don't have shoes for that, it's cold, I'm not an infantryman, etc..." 😀

5 hours ago, Falaise said:

pixel tankers grumbled that in I asked them to do the recce on foot in the snow

Yes that's a good idea which I neglected to do, partly due to being worried that my precious crews would not return to their vehicles.  But of course if losing one or two means saving a few panzers obviously it's worth it.  A reflection of RL practice too if I remember the stories of Wittman and Carius correctly...