Fictional scenario questions

mks88

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about picking up CM BS (I have CM SF2 with all the extras); one thing I'd like to do is create new scenarios that are outside the timeframe outlined within the mission editor (preferably with options for winter months as well). I don't see a way to do this using the demo (it appears similar to SF2 in that the available dates and times are limited). What I'm wondering is if this is something configurable that I can do with mods (I don't mind getting my hands dirty, just need to know where to look :) ). What I'd like to be able to do is:

• Use assets from CMSF2 in a custom CMBS series of missions
  • Create missions (in CMBS) outside of the available time periods currently in the mission editor
    • Possibly using all weather options (like snow etc.) if possible

Are any of the above possible with mods? Thanks in advance for any info!

On 1/27/2022 at 2:44 AM, mks88 said:

Use assets from CMSF2 in a custom CMBS series of missions

Units can't be directly transferred from game to game (although their models & textures probably can)

Create missions (in CMBS) outside of the available time periods currently in the mission editor

Not doable.....The game calendar is stricly limited.  However don't let this stop you, most players will happily ignore the game calendar if the scenario (& its briefing) is convincing enough.

Possibly using all weather options (like snow etc.) if possible

You could import snowy ground textures and I believe the temperature can be set to freezing, but the weather options like the calendar are stricly restricted (this is why the 'H&E Mod' doesn't have rain).....I don't recall snow being an option in CM:BS (but it might just become available in a future module).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead