Out of memory Crash to desktop

Hello, I get this error message when I launch any mission above tiny

1919137011_CMmemissue.PNG.0b8ec2b2cb78047024a7cad622b6dd26.png.a78342efa70c3df42d457bb97cb0dbd9.png

I have 8GB of Vram and 16GB of Ram, both of which are no where near used up as can be seen in the screenshot.

I have reinstalled the game several times, checked integrity of the files (through steam) and I have NO mods installed and I put everything on lowest settings (used to run on high)

What is going on here? The game used to run fine even when I loaded up master maps or the Huge missions. I dont know if there was an update that caused this. Anyone got any idea what causes this and how I can fix it?

I see that you're using a Radeon RX 480. If you're using a fairly recent video driver, then you may want to DOWNGRADE to an older one. I believe the 21.8.2 WHQL drivers (for Windows 10 64-bit) should work. I don't know if this is the actual cause of your 'Out of Memory' error, but there were problems with the Radeon drivers in the recent past and I don't know if they were fully rectified yet or not.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:25 PM, Schrullenhaft said:

I see that you're using a Radeon RX 480. If you're using a fairly recent video driver, then you may want to DOWNGRADE to an older one. I believe the 21.8.2 WHQL drivers (for Windows 10 64-bit) should work. I don't know if this is the actual cause of your 'Out of Memory' error, but there were problems with the Radeon drivers in the recent past and I don't know if they were fully rectified yet or not.

You are correct. I had a Help Desk ticket and a beta tester see this and what you are saying is what got them up and running again. They both rolled back their drivers and we able to play again. So, @Kraft, I would start by trying that.

I had this problem happen when I installed a full release AMD driver that came-out late last summer or in the fall.  I had to roll back to driver 21.8.2 to get the game mostly working again.  Unfortunately, 21.8.2 also had issues with some scenarios with very large maps that caused "out of memory" crashes.

However, when I installed the 21.12.1 driver that was released in early December the scenarios that crashed under 21.8.2 loaded-up again.   Everything seems to be working fine again with that driver. 

2 hours ago, Myles Keogh said:

I had this problem happen when I installed a full release AMD driver that came-out late last summer or in the fall.  I had to roll back to driver 21.8.2 to get the game mostly working again.  Unfortunately, 21.8.2 also had issues with some scenarios with very large maps that caused "out of memory" crashes.

However, when I installed the 21.12.1 driver that was released in early December the scenarios that crashed under 21.8.2 loaded-up again.   Everything seems to be working fine again with that driver. 

What's the version number of the working driver?

22 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

What's the version number of the working driver?

2 hours ago, Myles Keogh said: