A Once Quiet Town Scenario.

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Jim Das Selvas for taking the time and energy to put this very large if not huge scenario through its trials.  There are two versions.  The one Jim is currently playing and one that is slightly easier, only because it offers another avenue across the river.  You can watch Jim plot and plan the Germans demise here.    

Here is the normal version, https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbheemjzlafev7l/A Once Quiet Town V2.zip?dl=0

Here is the Easier version with another route across the river you will have to find.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq08pc5b9r5hfwl/A Once Quiet Town Easier V2.zip?dl=0

Enjoy and again, many thanks to Jim das Selvas for taking the time to put this on YouTube.  I know editing can take a while and Jim has a great style to his videos.  Had to put Jim in my scenario notes he deserves it very much.

Semper Fi.

James.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:00 AM, Hilts said:

Just downloaded the normal version. Map looks great! Thanks for sharing this.

Your very welcome, thanks for checking it out.  Your feedback is important, so let me know what you think.  I am almost done with the German counterattack using the same map.  The map itself took about 1.5 months (not every day but over 80hours) but some of us scenario creators like making immersive maps.  You will find a ranch, many vinyard farms, small town, olive farms.  A memorial on a slight rise outside of town, and many of the Estates have very park like social settings I think you would find in an Italian Estate.  (looked as much as I could for older pics).  Thanks again for downloading it.  Enjoy!

By the way for all that may just be following this topic.  Here is the share file for the German Counterattack.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3gri5g59vnxjpg/A Once Quiet Town German Counterattack.zip?dl=0     

Enjoy and let me know what you think.  If anyone is having troubles with the scenario let me know.  This scenario is played as German vs AI, or H2H.

I'm really enjoying this scenario and would highly recommend it!

Great map and an interesting mix of units.

Warning - it is challenging. You really need to think about how you approach it and use good tactics, it will punish you if you don't 😬. Or perhaps it was just me 😅

Edited by AlexUK

Yes, on this scale it is very challenging, but I try to make it as accurate as I can.  people complain the AI is soo easy.  LOL Anyhow I am very glad you are enjoying the scenario.  If it was too easy it really would not be that fun.  But challenging always improves one's game, on how to overcome obstacles or in this case tanks, guns and all kinds of goodies.

Best regards,

James.