Couple of simple Modding questions if I may?

lcm1947

have been thinking lately since coming back to CM that I might be interested in trying my hand at moding if that is what it is called.  Anyway, to determine if it's something I'd like to do I would appreciate any information, comments, opinions, or advice.  I have seen people encourage others to do something even though that person hasn't a chance of succeeding for one reason or another so let's not do that here please.  This will just be a hobby and I'm not in a hurry to be fantastic at it.  It'll just be for fun.  I am a firm believer that being blunt at times is good so feel free with your opinions.  

To give you an idea of how inexperienced I am here is a question or two.  First off what software would one use.  Would it be an expensive hobby and also what kind of learning curve is there.  

Another couple of questions that probably will give more insight on how ignorant I am about the subject is where do you find the BMP skins for vehicles and or uniforms.  Are they in the " Normandy v403 folder?  If so, I assume I would RezExplode that folder and the various BMP's would appear to pick and choose what I wanted to mod? 

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Well, I advise to just do a BFC forum search and find my previous written tutorials. If you can successfully find them, that is a very good sign. Read them and press forward to try a beginner level mod. 

I will search for them and thanks for some directions.  Didn't really know which way to go but got some idea now.  

• 2 weeks later...