BARBECUE (BBQ) INSTRUCTIONS: Barbarossa Quick Battles

kFW9roJ.pngT

This thread will start to discuss some instructions for us to enjoy Barbarossa with quick battles. For the longest time I was under the false assumption that quick battles didn't facilitate using modtags. That is found to be no longer the case! So, your favorite QB maps can be modtagged and saved. If you want to modtag some QB map with the barbarossa modtag, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7a353jvnetpggf/barbarossa.txt?dl=0

1. download the above modtag and place it into your CMRT scenario folder.

2. Open the desired QB map to be modtagged in the CMRT scenario editor.

3. In the MISSION tab section at the bottom is modtags, import the modtag and save the QB map BUT USE A NEW NAME, ADD "BARB" AT THE END IS BEST.

note: some stock QB maps have 1 or 2 modtags already so just give me a shout and tell me the current modtags and I can help you with a revised modtag that grabs all 3 including barbarossa. 

ok, the below is working for me...

fire up QB editor, I have it as attack, small, 30 minutes, human map selection, day, clear, dry.

German army attacker, Soviet army defender.

Region: Soviet Union

Rarity: NONE

Combat Force: Mix for both

Unit purchase: human for both***(more on this later)

FOR THE DATE you can use January 1945 through April 1945 to be able to purchase a "Panzer Platoon [ad hoc]".

this gives you 2248 points which you can buy 3 of these platoons, purchase THEN it lets you set them to light tanks and then set to pzIIIG and then purchase single vehicles to add maybe 1 PzIIIN (shows as my PzIVE short barrel 75 mod) per platoon. Mess with the settings for veteran and high motivation to get the best bang for your buck. the usual SOP. rarity is NONE so no issues there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could type for hours on this and how you try to set up a Barbarossa flavored opponent for the AI side. WHAT I HOPE TO DO is have us all create some QB's for Barbarossa and make the purchases, good slow purchasing so we have the best Barbarossa flavor THEN you get them to me as saved games which I can collect up for all to use. Stash them in the goody box. Kind of a fog of war QB co-op? I can rename them also. I think. I will not get too excited if nobody is really interested.

That is it for now...

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

prefix rather than a suffix

I agree for scenarios. I already now do this routinely for BARB, STAL, AFRIKA, KRETA, WARSAW, I think now always doing it for regular scenarios in the scenario folder.

But this was for the QB maps. In the QB folder. The suffix I think is best for this situation. There is a filename nomenclature that can grab a QB map per the players specs and I think it leads off with map size. But FR QB's have FR but no huge, medium, etc.

I guess it doesn't really matter...once it is a saved QB game, racked up and ready for the player, then I did use "BBQ A 001" as the filename.

22 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

DISREGARD. It was all hosed up...

Standby and I will sort this out...

I had tried to set up a BBQ from a stock QB but the AI plan was quite flacid

It was an awesome map but nothing much was happening for the AI. So that is why I said disregard. 

(EDIT: My thought or concept for this thread had been to use these QB's to quickly make some cool battles at nearly zero effort. If I MUST go in to tweak the AI plan and do testing, then that idea is invalid. )

But at least you all can follow the above post's instructions to set up the axis for a BBQ. 3 panzer platoons but without a Kompanie Chef (HQ). 😞

I did try many date choices to try and find the Panzer Company 45 [ad hoc] but these QB purchase options are different versus the scenario editor. I don't know why. 

Edited by kohlenklau