The Liebstandarte - New youtube documentary

On 1/14/2022 at 5:43 AM, fireship4 said:

In apparently ignoring the political, idelogical, and genocidal side of the organisation and the war, instead of solemnly and soberly decrying it, or reflecting on what it means for whatever honour or virtue the members believed themselves to have, he does a disservice to their victims. 

I am deeply suspicious of anyone who takes such an interest in roleplaying as a member of such an organisation

The same can be said about documentaries and films about the sionist political organisation which apparently has the goal to create a greater Israel even if that means to steal the land of the Palestinians or to kill them and other people they call "goi".

Edited by BornGinger

5 hours ago, BornGinger said:

The same can be said about documentaries and films about the sionist political organisation which apparently has the goal to create a greater Israel even if that means to steal the land of the Palestinians or to kill them and other people they call "goi".

I would like to say I am surprised how easily people offer up their warped views and justifications, without the minimal effort it takes to consider their magnitude and logical consistency, not to mention the social penalty when this is done in public. 

Here you have made equivalence between the SS, who had a clear genocidal goal, and the Israeli state of today, which obviously does not, and is the only democratic state in the entire middle east, which came into being through terrorism, revolution, displacement etc. during the rule of the British, creating one of the worlds longest and most bitter ongoing conflicts. 

You have done it out of nowhere, as the discussion is about the SS and has nothing to do with Israel.  It indeed is suspicious that mention of the SS spurs you into criticism of Israel.  You know you don't need to support the nazis to be critical of Israel right?  Nor hate the Jews?  Discovering within yourself an anger toward Israel does not in fact indicate that the SS of the past has been misjudged.

I should note that 'goy' means nation, and has been used in the past to refer to the jews as well as gentiles, though modern usage has it for the latter, it is not derogative by nature I believe.

Lastly I should also note that the nazis supported Zionism.

Edited by fireship4

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Please shut this stupid thread down before I have to call for Mr. Axeman, he was hoping to be able to relax at home with the wife and kids until the 30th. 

I find myself to be in general agreement with my parliamentarian colleague (which for us Woosterfari, is really quite remarkable).  :mellow: