I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but I'd really like to know if you would.

lcm1947

All of the games are on the same engine (at least potentially), so that's pretty much identical.

Final Blitzkrieg is the most recent WW2 game, and scenario and especially map design has gotten better over time. CMBN was the first, and some of the early maps look very much like tabletop wargaming maps - clump of trees, a four building "town", river - not necessarily like anything real.

So Final Blitzkrieg is really the answer to your question, but there's not a massive distinction in engine or graphical updates.

With respect to CMBN maps. There are user created scenarios and maps that are truly excellent insofar as them being historical and realistic. I think that you would find that with CMBN's Market Garden expansion, the total number of 'inherent' historical and excellent maps in CMBN  is at least equal to the number in CMFB. Add to that that both games have historical user created scenarios and campaigns and it become merely a choice of in what kind of terrain or setting do you want to fight; the Ardennes? or Normandy and Holland?

What I was trying to do is determine is if there is one game that has the best overall graphics.  I was trying some demo's out and noticed that the games

looked quite a bit better than what my CMBN game does so figured maybe the newer ones were actually smoother and clearer looking.    

Subjectively, there are some more informed choices for colour palettes, and there are some nicer textures in the later titles, but "better graphics" is limited to those. CMBN is generally a bit too vibrant, and CMFB with it's autumn/winter muted palette can look better, but that's not really "better graphics" - it's not like the later titles have any different technology or more sophisticated software renderers.

4 hours ago, domfluff said:

Subjectively, there are some more informed choices for colour palettes, and there are some nicer textures in the later titles, but "better graphics" is limited to those. CMBN is generally a bit too vibrant, and CMFB with it's autumn/winter muted palette can look better, but that's not really "better graphics" - it's not like the later titles have any different technology or more sophisticated software renderers.

Thanks to all for their replies.  I fully understood.  😊 Much appreciated.