Which Combat mission to start with?

Hello I am new to combat mission and I'm currently struggling with which combat mission to start with. Only problem is that I can only really start with one game due to £60 being quite a bit of money.

Which Combat mission Game would be the best to start on? 

I'm personally looking for the most bang for your buck game. Because it will be a while before I can afford any DLC. 

Additionally if you lovley peoppe could suggest which game is the most noob friendly that would be much appreciated 

Thank you in advance. 

On 1/9/2022 at 8:44 AM, GrandMarshalBobert said:

Hello I am new to combat mission and I'm currently struggling with which combat mission to start with. Only problem is that I can only really start with one game due to £60 being quite a bit of money.

Which Combat mission Game would be the best to start on? 

I'm personally looking for the most bang for your buck game. Because it will be a while before I can afford any DLC. 

Additionally if you lovley peoppe could suggest which game is the most noob friendly that would be much appreciated 

Thank you in advance. 

I don't think any of them are particularly noob friendly if I'm honest. The best advice I've seen on here is pick the theater that interests you the most and download the demos from Battlefront's website and give them a try. If you don't have a particular preference for a theater then I'd probably decide on WW2 vs modern first and then have a play of the demos to see which you fancy (although there isn't a demo for Cold War currently). Also have a look on YouTube, there are plenty of videos out there.

In terms of bang for buck Normandy, Fortress Italy and Shock Force 2 all have multiple modules to extend the forces available and the timeframes, Red Thunder had one released last year which is simply awesome, and Black Sea, Final Blitzkrieg and Cold War have yet to have modules released for them.

MMM

Edited by Monty's Mighty Moustache

If I may paraphrase someone's post from when I got going w CM ~2015 (I had the old version ~20 years ago but never got it figured out).  Someone said ~this game is not 'hard', it's 'realistic', and will punish the player for not using proper, realistic tactics. 

And it takes a while to understand what tactics are available and what to use.  The BFC top dog once said "use smoke, lots of smoke" -- true words.  Send out scouts.  Use hull down.  Use shoot & scoot (drive up, pause for ~10 seconds to fire, then pull back to cover again).  Lots to learn.

Like MontyMM above said, get the theater you like the best.   And then watch lots of youtube videos, there's tons of them.