New scenario avaliable - Odessa will be ours !

Hello...

I have finished my first scenario using the Rebels in Odessa map that i previously created.

From the briefing:

Odessa, april 10, 1944
Time: 12.00
Weather: Thick haze, cold, medieum wind from the north.
Ground: dry

The 79 GD division is currently engaged in the fighting for the third, and final, axis defensive line established to delay the russian liberation of Odessa. The enemy has realized that the battle is lost and is desperatelly trying to escape from the pocket that the russian
encirclement of the city has created. The last retreat route over land has been cut and the only one still remaining is by sea. while the bulk of the axis forces are trying to board any avaliable ship to escape this trapp some remaining rearguard units are still providing 
opposition to the russian advance. While the russian airforce is reecing havoc amongst the desperate german and romanian troops trying to escape the soldiers from the 3rd ukranian front are tasked with ridding the final parts of the city from the last enemy troops. As part of this effort
the 79 GD division is fighting in the northern part of the city. the 216th regiment has been tasked with securing an old aircraft factory located north of the main harbour area. This is where you as the player comes in. Taking the part of the company commander of the 7th company, 3rd battalion.

MISSION:

The failed attempt earlier this morning by second battalion to secure the factory district has resultet in the need for a second push to try and achive this objective. 7th company, with attached support, has been ordered to lead this attack.

You are in command.

This will be a perfect oppertunity for you personally to prove that you are the right man to be promoted to battalion commander ones 'the old man' leaves 3rd battalion for his new assigment.
At your disposal will be the entire 7th company. The men are fairly well rested and their moral is good. The rest the men recieved this morning while 3rd battalion where held in reserv did them good. Earlier losses has been made good for by recent replacements. 
The company is at full strenth and well supplied with ammunition. 
To support this attack the 216 regiment HQ have assigned the better part of the 93rd recon company, some engineer units equiped with breach charges and some light mortars to assist you in the succesful conclution of this mission.
In addition to this some of our brand new, upgraded, T34 tanks armed with the 85mm gun have been assigned to you from the 160th GD tank brigade. 
Further, 3rd battalion, will keep parts of the 8th company and a small number of SU-85 tankdestroyers in reserv. If your attack boggs down these units may be released to you by the battalion HQ to strenthen your attack.
Remember though ! Any request made for the release of these battalion assets will most likely reflect badely on you at higher HQ...It would be preferable if you manage to complete your assigned task without bothering the battalion Hq.

The attack earlier this morning by 2nd battalion managed to push into the factory compound and secure a few of the main buildings but a subsequent german counterattack forced them out again.
According to a report by 2nd battalion the initial opposition consisted of a mix of german and romanian infantry units of fairly low quality and rather badely equiped. These troops where supported by a few assultguns and a number of dug-in AT guns. The only indirect firesupport our men encountered came from medium mortars and
even this fire was light and badely directed. 
What eventually forced the 2nd battalion to retreat was the counter attack launched by german reinforcements. This attack seems to have been conducted by some scattered SS-units supported by a handful of Panther tanks. It was this attack that routed the second battalion.
As for the current situation...We can expect that the enemy have re-manned their previous possitions and that these SS-units as well a mix of other german and romanian units of lower quality remain in the area. If the enemy still has the strenth to launch an additional counterattack we can expect
them to do so. The most likely enemy approaches will be from across the railroad bridge or from the area around Glubokii hotel.

The second battalion may have been force out of the factory compound but they did manage to hold onto this possition, Glubokii Hotel. This hotel provides you with an exellent defensive possition to fortify your right flank on. 
The troops from the 2nd battalion are currently in the act of withdrawning from this possition as they have been ordered into the regimental reserves. You are advised to re-occupy these building as they will be most useful in preventing any enemy reinforcements making their way towards the factory district from the south.

The approaches to this hotel as well as the area around the trainstation have been cleared of enemy forces. The area south of Molotov road is out of bounds for you and your men. This section of the city has been assigned to the 220th regiment attacking next to you. Their objective is
to defeat the enemy forces that still occupies the area east of the commersial buildings. To avoid any mix-up of forces you are to not advance any of your troops south of the Molotov road (EXIT terrain-objective).Battalion HQ will come down on you hard if you do. We realize that you will be commanding a somewhat larger force then what you are
used to as a company comander but we expect nothing less then complete success. 

Good luck, Comrade !

Briefingscreen:

CM_Red_Thunder_2022-01-06_00-02-35-20.bm

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jotoy7ebxfn0sky/Odessa will be ours !!.zip?dl=0

8 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Looks like a great bit of work, thanks 👍 and download works fine and loads up fine too.  

Glad to hear it 😎...I was a bit worried about FPS performance but even on my low spec computer it actually works quite well...

8 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Tomorrow if I can I'll try it, T34/85s looking good and SU-85s being teased - yes please.

Best of luck !

I have done a fair bit of testing and everything seems to be working as intended. Being guilty of knowing about how the AI will act it is a bit difficult to judge if things like the difficultylevel is at a sutable level. Any comments you might have about this would be much apprisated as well as any other comment you might have in general...Especially things you did NOT like 😖...Could be useful to know for future scenarios....

3 hours ago, Combatintman said:

That's a tasty briefing screen there - very immersive.

Thanks, man 😎

The look i'm going for is some simple instructions being put down on a scrap pice of paper...

4 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

The look i'm going for is some simple instructions being put down on a scrap pice of paper...

It is a great look. And historical for the Soviets. Well, at least during Stalingrad city fighting they were hand copying the maps. Xerox machine was awaiting a tech...low toner error?

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

It is a great look. 

Thanks !

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

.Xerox machine was awaiting a tech...low toner error?

Out of paper i'm guessing...Propaganda leaflets had priority

After all...What would you rather have ? some stupid map or a few 'inspirational words' from good old Stalin 😉