[tuffhaus] project. Building mdr swap experiment

4 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Today  I was going to play a test PBEM with the [tuffhaus] mod...

Then my videocard decided to die.

7 years old GEFORCE GX 980 SC...

Dang that's a bummer ... I wish you were just round the corner, I'd lend you my GPU as it's just sitting idle at the moment, no play cos of my squiffy eye situation ... I'll send you some good vibes instead ...

NOTE TO MYSELF...SINCE I HAVE NO SECRETARY

Finish the tuffhaus mdr modding in Blender, bring in the multistory stone cathedral as a government building and bring in a thatch roof Russian peasant house or 2 using barn mdrs. THEN mod/change a few of the mini icons for the map editor so it is easy/easier to see which ones are now stone and which are wooden.

1 minute ago, Lucky_Strike said:

What about dressing up a pill box or bunker with a house? Or am I completely missing the point ...

I am always walking out like I am on thin ice but I know what you mean. THAT idea I have had before for CMFI Afrika mods. Like Tobruk? I want to try and re-MDR a bunker to be like something we'd see in that theater. I read a report that allied troops in the perimeter around Tobruk heard axis cement mixers! Like when those French castle guys hear the Trojan Rabbit being constructed?

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just use the editor to put the bunker IN the house

I tried in a recent scenario "BARB Shklov <...something or other>" but the bunker would want to twist and turn between 3D previews! Maybe I needed a bigger building but the scenario didn't need/specify huge buildings I was thinking....

Edited by kohlenklau

22 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

THAT idea I have had before for CMFI Afrika mods. Like Tobruk?

Ooh yes, we could certainly use some different looking bunkers and emplacements. No reason why we couldn't have them look however we want ... all sandbag construction, no roof, machine gun pit under a tank hulk ... of course they would still offer the same protection, or lack of, but aesthetically they might be more pleasing.

I got motivated for a Blender recon mission ( I call them that). A quick load of some mdr files to dork around. I put one of my T-34 wrecks on a foxhole and twisted it and rotated it. Went in the game fine BUT I forgot foxhole show in groups of 4. Hahaha ha

Looked like a weird "Kurskian carousel"...!

So...nix that.

A day later got curious and messed with a Russian bunker. Lowered it a meter. Maybe shove it under a tank? Looked ok but then the "crew" were having their heads up above the top lip. I might be able to change the crew z coordinate.

Edited by kohlenklau

ok, the [tuffhaus] mod behaved real well, I like it! I will use it again for sure. I have a church that is a church, stone buttressed church 300 game code metadata physics but it shows as the 304 Russian turreted church renamed. building 304 was that same Russian turreted church taken into blender and the guys worked all night to remove the turrets. I did some new art for a variety of colors. Finally the 2 story church 308 church needs some new art but it will be a government building. The wooden buildings are the modulars. 

BELOW IS WHAT YOU SEE WITH THE MOD:

WSvZNqa.png

BELOW IS WHAT IT REALLY IS WITHOUT THE MODTAG:

gppfHki.png