New Campaign Released: First into Antwerp

rtdood

Hi all,

Just wanted to formally announce my next campaign release titled 'First into Antwerp'. Ironically this was actually the first campaign I designed but the second I've released.

Command the British 3rd Royal Tank Regiment and the 4th Battalion Kings Shropshire Light Infantry as they advance from Boom to capture the port city of Antwerp, Belgium, and later attempt to establish a bridgehead over the Albert Canal.

This campaign consists of 8 battles and is historical. To be played as PLAYER vs AXIS AI.

Be aware in order to play this campaign you MUST have both Commonwealth and Market Garden Modules.

Battle sizes are varied. It is strongly recommended that the player reads the README in the attached zip-file.

The Zipfile will contain the following:

2 Campaign folders.

1 Campaign file within each folder.

49 page Campaign Design booklet including Campaign Progression Tables and Order of Battle. (You know, for some 'light' reading ;))

Campaign has been tested and should be compatible with patch 4.03.

Total battle duration of the campaign totals roughly 8 hours.

Annnnddd here's some pictures:

3-D-Map-View.jpg

Its-a-long-way-to.jpg

Urban-Fighting.jpg

Urban-viewpoint.jpg

Download link CM CW: First into Antwerp (thefewgoodmen.com)

Edited by rtdood

On 12/29/2021 at 1:03 AM, Bearstronaut said:

Scoring is a little rough on mission 3. I had like 4 killed 6 wounded, and took the park & bunkers and got a draw and couldn't progress in the campaign.

It is indeed, 7% is a harsh casualty parameter I completely agree. I spent quite some time (more than I should have lol) trying to decide if I should go for a higher casualty parameter, or a lower one. However I decided on the latter given you'll be soon going into Phase 2 of the campaign and limiting casualties becomes important as you'll be taking your men through battles without any refit (with the exception of the battle 4). 

It is frustrating I know. You were close to getting through so, if you want, you can have another crack if you haven't already.  

4 hours ago, rtdood said:

It is indeed, 7% is a harsh casualty parameter I completely agree. I spent quite some time (more than I should have lol) trying to decide if I should go for a higher casualty parameter, or a lower one. However I decided on the latter given you'll be soon going into Phase 2 of the campaign and limiting casualties becomes important as you'll be taking your men through battles without any refit (with the exception of the battle 4). 

It is frustrating I know. You were close to getting through so, if you want, you can have another crack if you haven't already.  

Yeah, I’ve already replayed it and progressed in the campaign. I hunted down the German HQ and got enough points to win. First time I played it I just secured the park and didn’t advance any further. I’m really enjoying the campaign BTW.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rtdood said:

😍! If you keep that splendid work up @Falaise I'll have to insist users download this beauty of a re-skin to play the campaign ;) 

Sounds like a fine idea to me, you should link, or better still zip, it into your file.....A nice 'user made' touch for a very nicely done campaign.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Sadly, Mission 2 is flawed. The briefing mentions 3inch Mortars but lo and behold we don't get any. Also, our Platoons arrive without their HQs. Perhaps if things this like get fixed I might give this campaign another go.

I am working to incorporate them in a future updated campaign file alongside another minor edit for this battle. Whilst the mortars are helpful for this mission it is still possible to complete it and continue the campaign without them - although I acknowledge they do make the scenario easier.  

The platoon HQ's will spawn in as some of the last reinforcement units. I'll update this thread once the revised minor edits have been made (feedback suggests battle 2 is the only one in the campaign still in need of slight editing which is good).  

7 hours ago, rtdood said:

I am working to incorporate them in a future updated campaign file alongside another minor edit for this battle. Whilst the mortars are helpful for this mission it is still possible to complete it and continue the campaign without them - although I acknowledge they do make the scenario easier.  

The platoon HQ's will spawn in as some of the last reinforcement units. I'll update this thread once the revised minor edits have been made (feedback suggests battle 2 is the only one in the campaign still in need of slight editing which is good).  

Thanks for your reply.

Wow! Totally looking forward to getting my hands on the red brick church skins. I had started doing the same for my Otterlo map and future scenario but got frustrated by the unequal 'stretching' of the various components over the 3D skeleton.

l8e1.jpg

Our Belgian friend seems happy to go home !      @JM Stuffreturning from the deep south   :P

I see that there is a lot of waiting on the brick church ant that I'm done fighting with the variations of scales that @WimO evokes
so here it is

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3kkc9g57fzffdha/AACZYbHjE8-zWwOhO62NSS1pa?dl=0

I also planned one in limestone of Caen
I'll give the set to @Bootie when he's ready

Thank you Falaise. The unequal stretching was also a problem when reskinning my [holland] mod-tagged building skins for Nederland in brickwork. I quit working on those for a while but will get back to it again summer of 2022, after I finish my 82nd Airborne in Normandy scenarios. Again, thank you. I know that a lot of patience and perseverance is required to reskin that large church in brick and to make the windows line up properly on opposite walls. Ugh.