Happy Wacht Am Rhine! Now download theforger's CMFB Rollbahn D Full Campaign...

DOWNLOAD IT HERE....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ijgih8265lnpkj/AAD_u1055f305MjAau1aXhAFa?dl=0

From the man himself...

December 16th 05:35, the “Ghost Front” erupts in a maelstrom of noise and violence as Unternehmen Wacht am Rhein begins.

The Rollbahn D Campaign contains 35 linear scenarios built as historically accurate as I’ve been able to achieve. 

You control the fortunes of KG Peiper, SG Knittel, and Panzer Brigade 150, along with elements from KG Hansen, KG Sandig, and the 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division.

Boy did this project snowball!

The Campaign begins with a choice. Either starting at the very beginning or on Day 3 of the offensive. The latter will be an easier route as you’ll have not suffered any losses to your core units. I’ve included here what it takes to progress within the Campaign as not every engagement is balanced. The scenarios range from small to medium to Ben Hur like epics. 

I’ve made minor changes to the Day 1-2 scenarios based on the feedback from the Rollbahn D Part 1 Campaign.

Day1-2

SN01: Murky Merlscheid / Fallshirmjager Regiment 9 / Minor Victory

SN02: Leaving Lanzerath / Fallshirmjager Regiment 9 / Minor Victory

SN03: Minen The Gap / Spitze / Minor Victory

SN04: Breakthrough / Spitze Kompanie and FSJ / Minor Victory

SN05: Hurrying Through Honsfeld / Spitze and Gndrs / Draw

SN06: Bull in gen China Shop / Spitze and Spitze Komp / Minor Victory

SN07: Butchers Of Baugnez / Spitze and KG Peiper / Minor Victory

Day 3 

SN08: Laying Down The Recht / KG Hansen / Minor Victory

SN09: Poteau The Priority / KG Hansen / Minor Victory

SN10: Storming Stavelot / KG Peiper / Tactical Victory

SN11: Trois Is A Crowd / KG Peiper and FSJ / Draw

SN12: Jabos! / KG Peiper / Tactical Defeat

SN13: Probe At Stavelot / KG Peiper and FSJ / Minor Victory 

SN14: Neufmoulin Rouge / KG Peiper / Draw

Day 4

SN15: Duel In The Mist / KG Peiper and FSJ / Minor Victory

SN16: Too Tight At Targnon / KG Peiper / Tactical Defeat

SN17: Vorauskompanie Searches For Gas / SG Knittel / Tactical Defeat

SN18: Ster Way To Heaven / KG Peiper, Sandig, SG Knittel / Tactical Defeat

Day 5

SN19: Stationary At Stavelot / SG Knittel / Major Defeat

SN20: Chewin Them Up At Cheneux / KG Peiper / Tactical Victory

SN21: Treachery At Les Tcheous / KG Sandig / Draw

SN22: Closing The Door / SG Knittel / Draw

SN23: Ambush At Chenai / KG Sandig / Draw

SN24: Violence At The Preventorium / KG Peiper / Draw

Day 6

SN25: KG X Factor / Panzer Brigade 150 / Tactical Defeat

SN26: No Prizes At Noupre / KG Hansen, SG Knittel / Minor Victory

SN27: Punishment At Parfondry / SG Knittel / Tactical Defeat

SN28: TF Jordan Storms Stoumont / KG Peiper / Draw

SN29: Cold Hearts At Froidcour / KG Peiper / Tactical Victory

SN30: Persistence Prevails / KG Peiper / Draw

Day 7

SN31: Borgoumont Blitz / KG Peiper / Major Defeat

SN32: Kicking Coblenz / SG Knittel / Total Defeat

SN33: Festung La Gleize / KG Peiper / Tactical Victory

SN34: Hansens Surprise / KG Hansen / Draw

Day 9

SN35: Katz Und Maus / The Survivors / Minor Victory

All the maps are my own, apart from Cheneux, which is stock that I’ve modified. Ranks/uniforms can be inaccurate as command units are above the battalion level.

Each Scenario will be available as a separate download in January.

Good Luck!

I've been following this project from the sidelines and given some feedback on the first part, and I'd just like to again recommend it. Very high quality work.

While the official Peiper campaign that came with the game is also good, this is like playing a much extended "director's cut", and it's clear a lot of love, time and attention to detail have gone into this campaign.

Just finished the first mission. I'm so happy this came out.

I've always wanted to try a German campaign but the missions are usually huge with lots of units and I end up trying something else.

The first mission was a nice simple introduction and I like how the 2nd mission opens things up a little more.

Is there a good variety of mission types in this campaign? Attack, defense, infantry, armored etc.

9 hours ago, Simcoe said:

Just finished the first mission. I'm so happy this came out.

I've always wanted to try a German campaign but the missions are usually huge with lots of units and I end up trying something else.

The first mission was a nice simple introduction and I like how the 2nd mission opens things up a little more.

Is there a good variety of mission types in this campaign? Attack, defense, infantry, armored etc.

Definitely you'll find a most diverse mix of tactical situations! I think there's something different to all 35 scenarios, so hopefully not too repetitive. 

It is a walkthrough historic reenactment, an attempt to get a low level understanding for what happened when, as opposed to pure gameplay.

It can be difficult to achieve both. There are different player skill levels to consider too. There's no way you can please everyone across all scenarios at this scale. 

Some later scenarios are difficult to get a draw or better, so in the initial list I included the minimum level to progress, some of which are Major/Total defeats. There are some massive engagements, which may not be to your taste, such as KG X at Malmedy, Butchers of Baugnez and Ster Way to Heaven.

All I can say is you generally have plenty of time, 2 1/2 hours for the larger scenarios, so you shouldn't be up against it time-wise, which allows full recon, prep fire, smoke, changing initial approach to plan B, hiding units in cover that you don't necessarily need etc.

In addition to the situations you mention, some interesting ones

• This one is caveated...as its not "fun" but Minen the Gap is included because...
    • the Scheid Bridge, blown up by the Germans in their September retreat, caused initial delays for the KG, alongside them trying to use the same road as a 12th Volksgrenadier Division.
    • The Spitze lost Bersin's and Bahrendt's Panthers in the area, as well as a little later Sternebeck's Panzer IV.
    • So historically significant events to warrant including the scenario. Plus the map may be worth reusing at some point and was fun to build.
    • It would be a nice CM feature if you were allowed to use the AI to control some troops on your own side, as would a follow command. But not to be as yet.
  • Captured equipment from both sides make appearances
  • Exit / sneak lead core units through enemy held village
  • Capture fuel dump intact
  • Armoured pursuit versus rear echelon
  • Recon Pumas attack versus ???
  • Tactical withdrawal, including rescuing a King Tiger, the idea "borrowed" from a CMBN campaign, adds some tension to a fighting withdrawal.
  • https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-final-blitzkrieg/cmfb-closing-the-door/
  • Meeting engagement where both sides are attempting a tactical withdrawal through each others positions
  • Major McCown makes appearance(s)
  • Air attack, versus exit asap
  • AA and Gndr defending, love those AA units
  • Watching on map 150mm IG shells travelling across the battlefield...and the results, one of the benefits of keeping the maps huge.
  • Gndr and nebelwerfer (they do make an appearance!) versus ...you'll find out, hopefully!

6 hours ago, theforger said:

2 1/2 hours for the larger scenarios, so you shouldn't be up against it time-wise, which allows full recon, prep fire, smoke, changing initial approach to plan B, hiding units in cover that you don't necessarily need etc.

This is much appreciated.  :)

9 hours ago, theforger said:

Definitely you'll find a most diverse mix of tactical situations! I think there's something different to all 35 scenarios, so hopefully not too repetitive. 

It is a walkthrough historic reenactment, an attempt to get a low level understanding for what happened when, as opposed to pure gameplay.

It can be difficult to achieve both. There are different player skill levels to consider too. There's no way you can please everyone across all scenarios at this scale. 

Here speaks a designer who knows their trade by the sounds of it - a vision, narrative and an understanding of whether to prioritise history over balance as well as an acceptance that not everyone will like it.

12 hours ago, theforger said:

Some later scenarios are difficult to get a draw or better, so in the initial list I included the minimum level to progress, some of which are Major/Total defeats. There are some massive engagements, which may not be to your taste, such as KG X at Malmedy, Butchers of Baugnez and Ster Way to Heaven.

All I can say is you generally have plenty of time, 2 1/2 hours for the larger scenarios, so you shouldn't be up against it time-wise, which allows full recon, prep fire, smoke, changing initial approach to plan B, hiding units in cover that you don't necessarily need etc.

• This one is caveated...as its not "fun" but Minen the Gap is included because...
    • the Scheid Bridge, blown up by the Germans in their September retreat, caused initial delays for the KG, alongside them trying to use the same road as a 12th Volksgrenadier Division.
    • The Spitze lost Bersin's and Bahrendt's Panthers in the area, as well as a little later Sternebeck's Panzer IV.
    • So historically significant events to warrant including the scenario. Plus the map may be worth reusing at some point and was fun to build.
    • It would be a nice CM feature if you were allowed to use the AI to control some troops on your own side, as would a follow command. But not to be as yet.
  • Tactical withdrawal, including rescuing a King Tiger, the idea "borrowed" from a CMBN campaign, adds some tension to a fighting withdrawal.
  • Meeting engagement where both sides are attempting a tactical withdrawal through each others positions
  • Watching on map 150mm IG shells travelling across the battlefield...and the results, one of the benefits of keeping the maps huge.
  • Gndr and nebelwerfer (they do make an appearance!) versus ...you'll find out, hopefully!

Sounds fun! 

A while back I played a scenario called Home in Fire and Rubble. You play as a group of partisans assaulting a small village of Germans. You start with a small group but a squad then a full platoon are supposed to arrive.

The time gets down to 10 minutes and the platoon still hasn’t arrived. I decide to attack any way. 

the majority of the enemy gets alway but I get more than expected. 

At first I was annoyed that the briefing lied but in the end it forced me to improvise and it made sense that some local partisans couldn’t make it, we’re captured or chickened out. 

I think there’s a lot of fun to be had in the margins of victory and defeat.

On 12/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, theforger said:

Six missions in, and it's definitely a fun campaign. Minen the  Gap was actually a momentary highlight for me in that I initially thought it was just a dumb "click to move your tanks from A to B" until about 10 minutes into the scenario, before I realized "wait... I don't remember the Spitze having Panthers in the vanilla campaign. That's right, they hit mines", promptly followed by a panther rolling over some AP mines. Luckily I somehow got through the scenario with only minor track damage to a panther, but it is still cool to see such a minor yet consequential action modeled in the campaign. That said, I have one complaint: it feels like some scenarios could do with an extra 100ish meters added to push the starting area a bit farther away from the enemy. Feels a bit odd to spawn right on top of the enemy (within view of them should someone kick off a firefight in the darkness), considering how CM2 scenarios usually give the player a bit of space to deploy their forces before the action starts. Regardless, this is shaping up to be one of my favorite campaigns across the CM franchise due to the sheer amount of content.

9 hours ago, evilman222 said:

That said, I have one complaint: it feels like some scenarios could do with an extra 100ish meters added to push the starting area a bit farther away from the enemy. Feels a bit odd to spawn right on top of the enemy (within view of them should someone kick off a firefight in the darkness),

Glad you are enjoying it. Feel free to pass comment and ask questions, happy to respond. 

I think you may be referring to this scenario...To quote Obersturmfuhrer Sternebeck, commanding the Spitze...

"In the town, standing on the right side of the road in our direction of march, was an armoured (recon) column. 

Since I thought it was from Einsatzgruppe Grief I stopped next to the column to make contact.

I dismounted from my panzer and looked for the Z designation. 

Unfortunately, my search was in vain. I was standing next to the enemy who dozed." 

With all the poor visibility and early confusion, particularly in the early part of the campaign, this sort of thing happened. Although it's quite tricky to model in a scenario.

19 hours ago, theforger said:

"In the town, standing on the right side of the road in our direction of march, was an armoured (recon) column. 

Since I thought it was from Einsatzgruppe Grief I stopped next to the column to make contact.

I dismounted from my panzer and looked for the Z designation. 

Unfortunately, my search was in vain. I was standing next to the enemy who dozed." 

I'd say that's a good historical basis for the scenario, if only you could assign 'dozing' where appropriate 😴.

Edited by Vacilllator

5 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

I'd say that's a good historical basis for the scenario, if only you could assign 'dozing' where appropriate 😴.

Agreed, I should have tried ways to slow down the Ami reaction.

Where possible get them facing them the wrong way at the back of buildings, and test the effects of weakened/unfit status.

Good points for next time. 

3 hours ago, theforger said:

Agreed, I should have tried ways to slow down the Ami reaction.

Where possible get them facing them the wrong way at the back of buildings, and test the effects of weakened/unfit status.

Good points for next time. 

Yeah that's one of those things that I don't think can be modeled very well. Closest thing I can think of would be to knock all their attributes down to -2 to make them roughly as combat effective as someone who's asleep.

Have been enjoying replaying the first 5 scenarios of the campaign.  All the maps are wonderful and all missions (except "Minen the Gap") are well worth replaying.  The trouble with Minen, is that all one has to do is move a company of vehicles along twisty roads and off the map.  In the two times I played this mission, there has been no enemy contact and only one or two vehicles get hit by mines.  That's it.  A massive waypoint clickfest.  This is such a long campaign one wouldn't miss it if this mission was simply deleted.  Am just starting Mission 6 which is shaping up to be maybe the best mission so far - massive map, lots of units, and 3 hours(!)  

• 4 months later...