Stalingrad Scenario released...

Now available in my goody box...Go to the CMRT Aisle and look in the new combined Barbarossa and Stalingrad shelf. It needs the previous [barbarossa] mods and a new folder of NPye's Stalingrad mods [stal] and [snow stal].

STAL RANENYYE ZVERI

(Stalingrad Wounded Beasts)

@NPye @umlaut  I have swept the dust off Nigel Pye's Stalingrad mods and some excellent stuff done by umlaut as well. Thank you gentlemen, your creative and talented efforts are going to be utilized in a new scenario, maybe scenarios with an S. Play as Allies vs axis AI. Stalingrad's Central District: Soviet soldiers attempt to knock out an immobilized panzer in the snows of late 1942...

EDIT: A tip of the hat also to @dragonwynn and @kevinkin for the previous campaign and scenarios they did...circa 2016?

2nd EDIT: You should see Soviet troops in greatcoats with some old style rank badges, some new. Some in old style helmets, some in newer style helmets and fur caps. The various German vehicles are NPye's 24th Panzer Division set, "the Leaping Horseman". One with snow as well. His German helmets and some other gear he modded. All the buildings are Nigel's work but I had to mess with the windows and doors to solve some gameplay issues. The map was his but I had to cut it down to smaller size for my purposes and made a few changes to elevation in one or 2 areas.

Edited by kohlenklau

Beautiful job, Phil.  This is a very tense little scenario, and I was definitely having flashbacks to the Stalingrad Mod that NPye put together and so many others had a great hand in modding as well.  The wind whistling around the frozen terrain was a great addition.  I was feeling the cold.  :mellow:

As an aside, I saw there was a sherman-vc.mdr file in the goody box.  What does that go to?

Regards,

Gary

4 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

As an aside, I saw there was a sherman-vc.mdr file in the goody box.  What does that go to?

I stashed it there for a forum guy over in the CMFI forum who said that the CMFI firefly had an issue on the vertical position of the tank commander so I did some investigation in Blender and it seemed the CMBN firefly might fix his CMFI issue and he reported back that it did fix the issue...

7 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

The wind whistling around the frozen terrain was a great addition.

Yeah Gary, I also liked that atmosphere. That was Waclaw's old sound mods for CMRT WInter Mod. I had been playing and heard birds chirping so I went and found his old sound mod for snow areas. 

Thanks again @waclaw and early happy birthday

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 2:59 AM, kohlenklau said:

make the famous introductory scenario "The Guards Counterattack"

Just saw this Phil, great idea.  You got me watching youtube videos like this one:

Witness the long poring and discussions over rules - oh the joys of ASL 😂.

Anyway, the usual offer of testing applies it it helps, even if I have to play against your good self 😵.

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Anyway, the usual offer of testing applies it it helps, even if I have to play against your good self 😵.

Hey Tim. Yeah sure. I played "The Guards Counterattack" in VASL just last month and won as my very first ever game of VASL/ASL. @Heinrich505 lulled me into a false sense of confidence and has soundly beaten me every time since. We are playing our butts off. My record against him is 1-6 with another loss in Crete just around the bloody corner. 

I have cobbled together a CMRT version and it goes insane with SMG fire. Green laser blasts like Star Wars. It comes across as a big waste of time. I have a few ideas but so far I am at a loss of what to do to make it cross over successfully. I will share it later to you... 

Edited by kohlenklau

42 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

another loss in Crete

I really enyoyed our Greek match-up in CM Phil (as well as the North Afrika ones).  And having had a lovely holiday in Kefalonia recently I would welcome another Grecian adventure if you have one handy.  But otherwise bring on the Guards...

EDIT: New cat (lovely) typed numbers into my post 😺.

Edited by Vacillator