Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Shooting your wounded....

Guest FUTURE

Guest FUTURE

In no way is this meant as an attack on the makers of CM. I have tried both demos and my system specs arent fast enough to run the demos at full playable speed frown.gif

Anyway why I am posting is out of concern for those that have d/l the warz version of CM. I understand how upset the makers and testers must be. But to attack and accuse those that have d/l the warez of CM and yet not indicate that they are trying to find out who in fact stole the copy that is now a warez is a real shame. If the warez is not of the final version of the game then its a leak in the testing team or from the company itself. This has been known to happen. Look at poor old Talonsoft and the demo of AGE OF SAIL II that came out the other week. Had to be a leak.

So I do hope that the makers of the game are taking action against those that host the warez and those who stole it in the first place..

You must be new. The company that may have leaked it consists of Steve and Charles. That's it, and I don't think they would take money out of their own pockets. The beta team consists of under 20, and I don't think they did it either, as we don't have the version that was leaked.

Rune

Guest FUTURE

Yes I am new to posting here. I am not new to wargames or reading forums smile.gif I didnt know that the company that made CM was made up of 2 guys. So your point is taken. I would assume that the testers all signed an NDA as well??? So one has to ask how can a full version of a game get onto the net before its released unless its been leaked. ???? Plug this and you wont have peole ripping companies off with warez ...

[This message has been edited by FUTURE (edited 06-27-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

My understanding of most of the warez copies is that they are the gold version without any patch applied.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing