Reworked campaigns on the Patches page

BFCElvis

14 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I have created a download for a couple of reworked campaigns. One was broken with the 1.03 release the other on @The_Captwanted to tweak. When the next patch is released we'll put them in the patch but, for now, you can get them on the Patches page. https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Does it fix for a campaign already in progress or should I restart?

40 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

My understanding is that you can update the .cam file for a campaign in progress and it will not effect the scenario you are playing now but the next scenario will come from the updated campaign. I do not know if there are any particular risks involved with doing this for the changes in question. Perhaps someone who's done it can chime in.

1 hour ago, Phantom Captain said:

I think you are totally safe if you are playing the Standard Soviet campaign.  In this we really only tweaked the briefings, fixed some errors in the briefings.  No forces were changes and should not impact play. 

Soviet "March or Die" was totally FUBAR so you would have definitely noticed a problem had you been playing the previous version.  We fixed it, so it should play "normally" (as in brutally hard and designed to make people cry) but it now works as intended. 

1 hour ago, The_Capt said:

I think you are totally safe if you are playing the Standard Soviet campaign.  In this we really only tweaked the briefings, fixed some errors in the briefings.  No forces were changes and should not impact play. 

Soviet "March or Die" was totally FUBAR so you would have definitely noticed a problem had you been playing the previous version.  We fixed it, so it should play "normally" (as in brutally hard and designed to make people cry) but it now works as intended. 

Awesome!  Thank you.  Ha, I finally started the March or Die Standard version so just wanted to be sure.  

And thanks IanL and Redwolf.

Edited by Phantom Captain

4 hours ago, Redwolf said:

Updating the campaign file does nothing to in-progress games. All the scenario information is inside the save file. So if you want to benefit from the changes you need to start over.

AFAIK you can upgrade a campaign game, perhaps between scenario's? It used to be possible but I forgot how.

Update, I googled and found an old quote how to do it.

So first update your game, go back to a save at the end of a battle (or play to the end). Make sure you end the battle and save the file in between. Than go to campaigns and try to load it using the shift key. I did use it once or twice years ago. But I guess there's no guarantees it will work.

Campaign Game

* When a campaign scenario is updated, you can "import" your current progress from a saved game into the new scenario. Steps:

1. Update CMSF to v1.20.

2. Using v1.20 or later, save your current campaign between battles - from the point just after you dismiss the end-of-battle screen. Importing will not work for saves made at any other point.

3. From the main intro screen, start a New Campaign, and select the updated version of the campaign you want to use. HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY as you click the OK button.

4. Immediately an "import" screen will appear. You'll see your saved game here. Select it, click OK, and then things proceed as normal. The game does the best it can to match battle history and core units from your saved game to the new version of the campaign, but if the author has made major changes then this will be difficult, so the whole process of importing works best when updates to the campaign are relatively small ones.