CMBS: Systematic controls locked at mid play of Campaign TaskForce , scenario "Poking the bear"

LRC

Hi , I am playing CMBS TaskForce3-070, real time mode. At mid play of scenario "Poking the bear", controls freeze and I cannot pause the game or issue commands.

This is a repeatable problem. I have restarted this scenario 3 times and I observe the same issue.

This is a large scenario but It does not look like a resources issues (just at 50% of used memory and CPU)

Anyone else observing this problem ?

I'm not sure what the answer to this issue will be. Do you have problems with any other CM games that you may own ? I'm not familiar with this particular battle, but is it fairly large, possibly larger (in map size or number of units) than you might normally play ?

Do you know what video card and video driver you have installed ? Is this a Mac or a PC ? Are you running the Battlefront or the Steam or Slitherine/Matrix version of CMBS ? Do you have any mods (sound or graphics) installed ? There is a current issue with some AMD Radeon drivers. If you're using the latest driver it can cause some crashing (or possible freezes) in game. The suggestion in the thread is to down-grade to the 21.8.2 driver. To find the driver on the AMD site, after making the selections to identify your video card and getting the results list you need to scroll down and click on the 'Previous Drivers' text link. This will list most of the recent previous drivers in a list for Windows 10 64-bit (this is a list for a Radeon RX 470, but it should work with any RX series or newer Radeon). You'll need to scroll down the list to find the 21.8.2 (WHQL) driver.

With the 'restarts' of the scenario, is this from the last game save or a complete start-over of the scenario ? Do you know if you are issuing orders to a particular unit when the problem occurs (if there is any consistency there) ?