Thanks Josey Wales & Usually Hapless

On 12/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, Cpt_Winters said:

Noticed nothing yet.  Although I've only recently started and still making my way on that first battle and finding it a tough one.  What sort of bugs are being reported?

Take my post with a grain of salt. I just remember reading some threads saying machine guns are more powerful now than the author originally intended and certain things like a unit didn't show up here and there. I would either try it or do some more research on the forum if you want to be sure.

• 1 month later...

I heartily agree with you all on the GREAT AAR that have been produced by the above mentioned and put on YouTube for our enjoyment. They are overwhelmingly the reason that I now own and enjoy Combat Mission games. But please do not forget ChrisND, a great and seemingly prolific AAR posters. If they never post again I shall always be indebted to them for their enlightenment into the nuances of Combat Mission which in their way have made the game so much more enjoyable.

PS: also least we no forget the teachings of Bil Hardenberge.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I've just come across this thread as I don't frequent this forum very much these days.

Firstly I'd like to say that I am very much still alive, the Union soldiers haven't caught up to me just yet!

Thank you for the appreciation of my AAR video's, it's really nice to hear how people have enjoyed them over the years. There are others out there producing great content, Usually Hapless has to be really commended for his commitment to the game and the high quality of his videos. I also enjoy the content of others, particularly Double's and some of the older channels like Rinald's, Ithikial's and his1ojd's.

So to give a bit of context to me, I started my own business in 2014 and it was a slow start which allowed me time to make AAR's of this amazing game. As you can probably guess it's a very time consuming process that took me around 2 months to play and edit each video. As time has gone on my business has taken off and in early 2020 it really started to take up more of my time to the point where I couldn't really commit to making vids. I've always really enjoyed war films ever since I was a kid, the main reason I played the game was to make the vids and recreate the battles from movies like A Bridge Too Far and The Longest Day. So as a result of not making the AAR's, I've also not played the game for 2 years.

I still believe that CM is one of the best games that has ever existed and I still follow it. I am still a member over at the Few Good Men but mostly play Field of Glory II & Medieval with some of the other members. The FOG games resolve much quicker than a CM battle and suit my current lifestyle better.

It's unlikely that I'll be able to make any more AAR's for the foreseeable future, maybe one day when retirement rolls around! (CM3 perhaps?)

So just wanted to say thank you and remove the mystery of what happened to me.

Have fun, and don't forget...War is Hell!!