Thanks Josey Wales & Usually Hapless

I'm still new to CM but already own CMSF2, CMBN and CMFB and having a great time playing all of them.

I have really enjoyed the various Youtube channels and these were a real inspiration for me to purchase the games.  Amazing what the YT algorithm will offer up and I particularly want to give a huge shout out to the work done by Josey Wales and Usually Hapless.  Fantastic content.  I can't begin to imagine the time that goes in to making that content but I just want to say thanks.  Too bad Josey Wales seems not to have posted any videos for over a year now.  Anyway, I'm just about to add CMFI to my collection purely on the basis of his AAR videos.

When I had my kids and was up feeding them through the night these guys kept me awake and entertained. I think I watched more or less every video they both uploaded, and some of Hapless’s PBEM series are looooong :) I didn’t have the time or energy to play CM at the time so it scratched the itch too. Win win. 

MMM

7 hours ago, Simcoe said:

Don't sleep on Double Vision and Ts4ever. Double is more slickly produced but TS does full campaigns and skips the ordering part.

Anyone know what happened to Josey? I've watched all his videos multiple times.

He's still around. He released a new video called Tin Cans just last week.

Here's another YT video AAR from CMFI by @OnePingOnly.  As he's a member on the forum I'm sure most already have seen these but I just found his channel today so for those who've not checked his stuff out I'd say go do so!  It looks like he's fairly new to the video AAR's but is also currently active and from the ones I've watched is producing a very high standard of AAR.

Check this scenario out here: 

On 12/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, Simcoe said:

One Ping Only is fantastic!

I'll hype up Double Vision again. His Scottish Corridor campaign is legendary.

Yes, I agree 100% Double Vision's videos are fantastic too.  Hope he posts some new content again soon.

I'm currently trying out this campaign and have to admit I'm finding this first battle quite tough.  His video has helped although I had some subtle differences in my approach but have taken more casualties than I expected.

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Winters said:

Yes, I agree 100% Double Vision's videos are fantastic too.  Hope he posts some new content again soon.

I'm currently trying out this campaign and have to admit I'm finding this first battle quite tough.  His video has helped although I had some subtle differences in my approach but have taken more casualties than I expected.

I’m hoping Double is taking so long because the last couple videos had voice acting etc. 

I heard the campaign may be bugged after a few patches. Have you noticed anything?

7 minutes ago, Simcoe said:

I’m hoping Double is taking so long because the last couple videos had voice acting etc. 

I heard the campaign may be bugged after a few patches. Have you noticed anything?

Noticed nothing yet.  Although I've only recently started and still making my way on that first battle and finding it a tough one.  What sort of bugs are being reported?

11 hours ago, Simcoe said:

He asked for people to help voice the next instalment back in April/May time and I volunteered to help. I’ve heard nothing since so he can’t have finished the scripts yet. I assume RL got in the way or perhaps he did hit something that stops him continuing. 

MMM

15 hours ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

He asked for people to help voice the next instalment back in April/May time and I volunteered to help. I’ve heard nothing since so he can’t have finished the scripts yet. I assume RL got in the way or perhaps he did hit something that stops him continuing. 

MMM

That's too bad. Unfortunately Combat Mission Youtube is a passion project and real life takes precedence.