CM vs Tank Warfare - tanks

Endyamon

8 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

Actually, you can set it up to be made aware in multiple ways to know whats going on.  In fact, they give you much more feedback that CM.  The unit itself is color coded, the numbers and state are visible in the left panel, the event log can be set up to show it, the camera can be set up to center the unit on the screen, and you can pause the game based on that happening.  You can also set it up to be wego by pausing at set intervals. 

And that is part of the problem of people feeling the UI is too complex.  There are just a huge number of options, along with some translation issues with the dev.  People that play for a while will figure out how to adjust the game and interaction with the game to their play style.  From micromanagers to completely hands-off.  In CM, the interface is handed to you with very limited options.  That tends to attract a specific kind of player who doesn't want to fuss with learning how to configure the UI to match themselves.   Graviteam's main problem is you have to play it quite a bit to figure out how you want to configure the interface to match your play style.  

Funny you say that about CM being a boardgame-like experience.  I have always considered CM a detailed miniatures game with a computer interface.  Definitely for CM1, and a little less so for CM2.

The main problem of Graviteam's games is tactical phase on the map before 3d battles. It's really confusing.

The in mission interface is ok, and yes, it basically free of micromanagement, especially comparing to CM.

I think we all talk about the combination of an operational phase and tactical phase as much wanted feature.  Graviteam is built around that.  But I think in reality, most players are either tactical or operational.  I don't play the campaign or the ops phase at all.  I only play the tactical side.  I think they player base is limited that can and want to play both.

Edited by Thewood1