Reinstall on Imac

14 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Recently reinstalled CMBN on a iMac.

Did you use the 'Installer? I just downloaded the files to my new computer and upon launch exactly the same thing happened some months ago. I fixed it by using the installer. If I remember I correctly the key-number also had to be entered again. 

Edited by chuckdyke

I used the installer that it prompted me to use. I installed CMSF@, CMCW, CMFB and CMBS and data folders were there it is just CMBN it seems. Its no biggie as the game launches and plays fine so far and I created a blank data folder for a z folder for mods. I was just curious why the brz are not there.

If it runs fine the brz files are there. I'm thinking the most likely thing here is that CMBN uses the older directory organization. The data folder is inside the CMBN .app.  To see it you have to right click/show contents. Then as above under Resources, you'll find the data folder. Your Z folder should go here.

Newer titles like FB and CW have the data folder just inside the CM Battle for Normandy folder along with Game Files (where all the scenarios are) and Documents. CMBN has an alias to Game Files because it too is inside the .app.

Hope that's clear.

Dave

46 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

If it runs fine the brz files are there. I'm thinking the most likely thing here is that CMBN uses the older directory organization. The data folder is inside the CMBN .app.  To see it you have to right click/show contents. Then as above under Resources, you'll find the data folder. Your Z folder should go here.

Newer titles like FB and CW have the data folder just inside the CM Battle for Normandy folder along with Game Files (where all the scenarios are) and Documents. CMBN has an alias to Game Files because it too is inside the .app.

Hope that's clear.

Dave

Thanks that got it

On 11/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, chuckdyke said:

Did you use the 'Installer? I just downloaded the files to my new computer and upon launch exactly the same thing happened some months ago. I fixed it by using the installer. If I remember I correctly the key-number also had to be entered again. 

For future reference, a new Mac can be completely set up by transferring EVERYTHING from the old one. Works every time. I've done it a number of times and NEVER had to re-install or re-license anything, other than possibly a few web site saved logins (some will check and see that it's a new computer logging in). But software. Works like a charm.

Dave 

3 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

For future reference, a new Mac can be completely set up by transferring EVERYTHING from the old one. Works every time.

To avoid confusion I bought a Windows computer. I transferred all the files but upon launching there were no scenarios or campaigns. I just forgot what I did after some expletives but it involved the installer. Thanks for your attention.