The Combat Mission: Cold War v1.03 patch has been released

BFCElvis

9 minutes ago, OnePingOnly said:

This is similar to the (unresolved) issue I posted about. I’m using Win 10 via Boot Camp on the latest Intel Mac with a Radeon Pro XT 5700. I never get to the black screen, however… I get a few seconds of the Windows “thinking” wheel and then… nothing. No icon ever shows up in the tray.

For me, the other titles take 10s or so to fully open, but the icons do show up in the tray while waiting.

I also tried running in various compatibility and resolution modes to no avail.

I also deleted my CW install and did a full reinstall from BFC. This also did not work.

I filed a ticket, but haven’t received any help. Sucks not being able to play a game I paid good money for.

Does the Mac version work? 

H

1 hour ago, OnePingOnly said:

This is similar to the (unresolved) issue I posted about. I’m using Win 10 via Boot Camp on the latest Intel Mac with a Radeon Pro XT 5700. I never get to the black screen, however… I get a few seconds of the Windows “thinking” wheel and then… nothing. No icon ever shows up in the tray.

For me, the other titles take 10s or so to fully open, but the icons do show up in the tray while waiting.

I also tried running in various compatibility and resolution modes to no avail.

I also deleted my CW install and did a full reinstall from BFC. This also did not work.

I filed a ticket, but haven’t received any help. Sucks not being able to play a game I paid good money for.

Did you trying wiggling sound? Plug in headphones and the like?

Thanks guys - it helps to know that you are not alone ;) Knowing that Lethaface with similar hardware had it running I continued my quest!

Anyway - as I was loosing hope I did an uninstall and then reinstalled the game. Started in 1.00 (from the installer) and all worked. And it loaded without any black screen and felt snappy. Patched to 1.03 and it still worked... Set all options to max and started a new battle. To my amazement it felt snappier than CMx2 has ever felt! Thinking of it I guess I might not have tried it since I swapped my 3070 for a 3080...

Anyway - uninstall and then reinstall fixed my problems!

Edited by mazex

• 2 months later...