FR Rumble at Reitwein

benpark

FR Rumble at Reitwein

2304x976

This in an out-take from Fire&Rubble that didn't get time to have tested to standard (though I have done many runs on it in Scenario Author mode, and in my own playtesting).

Meeting Engagement just to the west of Reitwein between Soviet 370 RD and attached armor elements versus elements of Reitwein area Volkssturm, Panther-Battalion "Brandenburg", a KG from the "Kurmark" Division, and attached stragglers from 9th FJ Division.

The scenario is fictional, but is derived from actions and forces in the area in attempting to enlarge/reduce the Soviet bridgehead over the Oder.

Play as either side. 1 plan for Axis, 2 for Soviet side. May also be suitable for HTH.

1222771273_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_11.07-14.33_11_45.thumb.jpg.c0299a32be91a343b3567f3adaf8e4e4.jpg

591476958_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_11.07-11_16_33.97-Copy.thumb.jpg.a7fde6b0069036894b849eb4a76dc4ca.jpg

FR Rumble at Reitwein.btt

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, benpark said:

FR Rumble at Reitwein

2304x976

Meeting Engagement just to the west of Reitwein between Soviet 370 RD and attached armor elements versus elements of Reitwein area Volkssturm, Panther-Battalion "Brandenburg", a KG from the "Kurmark" Division, and attached FJ stragglers from 9th FJ Division. The scenario is fictional, but is derived from actions and forces in the area in attempting to enlarge/reduce the Soviet bridgehead.

+1.  NICE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Taking break from SF2 to play this one, just starting w deployment & initial orders.  Tricky deployment.  Boggy creeks, some other suspicious looking terrain that really funnels my movements onto the roads.  Hard to imagine that such a powerful looking force can get beat -- famous last words

Just cease-fired at ~50 minutes in.  Neither side could make much progress at that point, so stalemate, though I did get minor victory.  If soviets advanced, they got hit by panzerfausts & remaining panther.  If I advanced, I got hit by his SU100s.  I lost 5 of my 6 panthers -- first 3 through overconfidence in their ability to have a long range shoot out. 

Good times, BenPark, thanks for putting this together.  A good example of the depleted state of the germans this late in the war.  I feel kinda bad for everyone that died here with the end so close, on both sides.

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty new to using the forums for this game.  But wanted to ask for thoughts regarding German infantry deployment at the start of this scenario.  Is that appropriate for this thread? Regardless I am enjoying the scenario, trying to take my time with it and put some consideration into each turn.  Thanks all.