Funny glitch.

Sandokan

47 minutes ago, Sandokan said:

Hi there!

I recently bought a new PC. It works fine with CMSF2 apart a little thing.

Some written stuff looks kind of smudged.

Attached files with a pair of examples.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

CM smudged 2.jpg

CM smudged.jpg

Sometimes it automatically changes to motherboard video chipset instead of video card.

It looks like it happened to you. 

Go to video card settings and ensure that Combat Mission runs on it, not on motherboard. 

1 hour ago, Sandokan said:

Hi there!

I recently bought a new PC. It works fine with CMSF2 apart a little thing.

Some written stuff looks kind of smudged.

Attached files with a pair of examples.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

This is because the game uses an Intel GPU. If thats the only graphics card you have, then you are fokked, as theres no way to correct it, it has been a known issue.

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

This is because the game uses an Intel GPU. If thats the only graphics card you have, then you are fokked, as theres no way to correct it, it has been a known issue.

If an Intel GPU is the only GPU you have you would be in luck because CM can use an Intel GPU (along with many graphic cards). 

If you play it on an Intel GPU you will have some irritating smudges in text but the game is still playable.  As I recall the only negative effect the Intel GPU had was for text.  So basically just the briefing & scenario/campaign selection screens.  This is irritating because the briefing is important but not a game breaker.  As I recall the actual 3D environment where you spend most of your play time works just fine.   I played CM on an Intel GPU the first two years I had the game.  I enjoyed the game so much I had a rig built to specifically play Combat Mission and got an Nvidia card. 

@Sandokan the first two posts answered your question and gave helpful advice on how to correct it.  I hope that advice helps you out.  If not you'll probably have to put up with the smudges like I did.            

2 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

So basically just the briefing & scenario/campaign selection screens.

Nope, also the text in the unit boxes on the bottom of the screen while in battle and it is very very hard to read what kind of ammo and how much he has of that type.

Edited by Bufo

Just now, Bufo said:

Nope, also any text when you play, eg. when you select the unit it is almost impossible to read what kind of ammo and how much he has of that type.

Yep, your probably correct.  Such a minor issue I didn't even remember it and I played that way for about two years.  IMO not a game breaker but definitely irritating.  Hopefully the OP can use the helpful advice he received above to fix the problem.