Steel Beasts vs Combat Mission t-72 visibility test

dbsapp

9 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Does this not seem broken to anybody? This is my HQ being shot at from 150meters through trees. You couldn't do this in CMBS.

CM-Cold-War-2021-10-26-23-08-41-00.png

CM-Cold-War-2021-10-26-23-08-49-66.png

For sure it's a bug, and very frustrating one. 

In the first mission of Soviet campaign your units spawn at the dense forest and sometimes enemy somehow can shoot and kill your units through the trees. 

But I must admit that this bug is not unique to CMCW, it happenes in all CM games due to uncunny ability of AI vision to see the "holes" in the forest that is not available to the human eye.

Possibly in CMCW it is more obvious because of unbalanced spotting performance. 

10 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

For sure it's a bug, and very frustrating one. 

In the first mission of Soviet campaign your units spawn at the dense forest and sometimes enemy somehow can shoot and kill your units through the trees. 

But I must admit that this bug is not unique to CMCW, it happenes in all CM games due to uncunny ability of AI vision to see the "holes" in the forest that is not available to the human eye.

Same bug or related to the one where all the M113s have thermal sight spotting capability? That one made me give up on playing the Soviets until it's fixed. 

H

1 minute ago, Halmbarte said:

Same bug or related to the one where all the M113s have thermal sight spotting capability? That one made me give up on playing the Soviets until it's fixed. 

H

Didn't they fix M113 thermals already? I supposed they did it in the first and only patch for CMCW.

They are really slow at fixing their broken game to the extent that it seems they don't care. 

E.g. they still haven't fix mission 3 of the Soviet campaign that couldn't be completed. I reported this bug back in June, but they admitted it only recently when it was reported for the second time. 

And they still didn't patch it! 

No wonder people hesitate to buy it and Battlefront loses possible revenue. 

I'm not down with badmouthing the business. But please fix this game. I don't even want to play my turns anymore lol, it took me so long just to begin trading with the soviets.  I can understand these issues don't seem apparent, but I play a lot of CM, and I notice these things.

1 hour ago, dbsapp said:

Didn't they fix M113 thermals already? I supposed they did it in the first and only patch for CMCW.

They are really slow at fixing their broken game to the extent that it seems they don't care. 

E.g. they still haven't fix mission 3 of the Soviet campaign that couldn't be completed. I reported this bug back in June, but they admitted it only recently when it was reported for the second time. 

My recollection is that the patch introduced the M113 thermal bug. 

H

9 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Congratulations dbsapp you are now my own personal counter-misinformation project.  Don't care about other trolls who come on the forum, someone else will have to deal with them, you are all mine.  What does that mean, well I am going to personally fact check and then post in response to your posts like these [aside, not on things like screenshots, those were pretty cool btw].

So in the first mission of the Soviet campaign we have a Soviet MRB (BTR) in the opening push of the first morning of the war.  This MRB is good but not the best in the Soviet Army, largely because they are saving those for breakout.  You are facing US V Corp 11 ACR who have both M901 TOW and M60A3s (TTS) with a mix of Reg to Crack crews.  A wise man once said "your ignorance of your enemy is not a game bug, it is a 'you' bug".  Even with that stacked against, human players (even you) have been able to overcome this scenario.

9 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Your sole opinion (and you are entitled to it) but also totally unproven by any of the many tests that make up this very long thread - none of them actually conducted by yourself.  

8 hours ago, dbsapp said:

So you don't play the US side much...interesting.  Anyway, I do believe they took a run at this issue in the first patch but it is not resolved.  M113 thermal/spotting is on the very top of our priority list for the next patch as this is the closest thing to "unbalanced spotting performance" that we could actually find...and you - by your own admission - did not help in this regard.

Wow, so that is clearly simple troll fodder.  You have totally blown any idea that you are "just trying to make the game better".  You are clearly speculating and projecting intent in what looks like a smear misinformation campaign.  The fact that I, and others from the core team, have repeatedly put time and effort in attempts to address the issues you raise (which we assumed was in good faith) is demonstration that we care very much.  BFC has a bench exactly one person deep in core areas and they are supporting 8 game lines and an military contract.  In short, it is a small indie company, sorry CM Karen if they are not hopping too fast enough.

Ah here we are again at Sov mission 3, apparently "patch" means lower the challenge to the point you can beat it, which is of course our company motto.  So to clarify this ham-handed shot, the Soviet Campaign has two versions.  The Standard version works exactly as intended (with the exception of a Tac Air controller, which has been fixed) and has not been tweaked at wrt VPs or win conditions.  Players should enjoy this one, and people have successfully beaten it.

The second version, March or Die, does need tweaking.  As is, it is still winnable (trust me I did the math several times) but it is too hard, to the point of being unfair.  A big shout out to The_Monkey King for helping out on that one.  Anyway it has been tweaked and will be updated in the next patch.

And now we get to the crux, is this speculation or aspiration from someone who slanders?  Regardless, I am not at liberty to divulge details but "we are doing just fine, thanks for asking".  To the point that we were greenlit for the first DLC Module in record time and are working on it now. 

As to the patch, well it is in the works and hopefully will coincide with the Steam release, "coming soon but when it is finished".

I would love a Scandinavian module with at least snow and Swedish forces.

That said I am most likely happy with whatever Battlefront decide to release as the first module, with many more to come after that :)

CMCW is more then I could have wished for as the time period is really fun.

48 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of spotted cats on the CMCW battlefield.  I am pretty sure we mentioned a time line of "2022" for delivery, with all the usual caveats you have come to love.

The Capt can neither confirm nor deny the existence of big cats in CMCW but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed.

😂

Edited by BeondTheGrave

10 hours ago, Artkin said:

I've had the dragons shoot through the forest at just about the same distance. There's no chance first generation thermals were that good.

Repeat after me:

- Abrams 

- Bradley 

- Thermals 

This trinity makes God mode in CMCW and in CMBS and everybody who disagrees is heretic.