Question for experts !

JM Stuff

I see in the game the us m1917a1 machine gun with short mount and tripode,

jXgZFxo.png?1

but the silhouette bmp  appear with hight mount tripode similar as the Vickers .

OslqmNL.png

Is this mount, fexible and can take the low or hight position, or is this a bug with the weapon? 

This could also explain the "bad" position on the knee taking, from the crew, this position will be possible only when the weapon has a high mount and tripode.

Or this is a choice from BFC to use only one animation?

pqto4QX.jpg?2

Dont pay attention to this weapon this is not the same of course but only the position of the crew...

I would like to know because, I make some modifications... 

Thanks in  advance 

JM

On 10/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, JM Stuff said:

I see in the game the us m1917a1 machine gun with short mount and tripode,

jXgZFxo.png?1

but the silhouette bmp  appear with hight mount tripode similar as the Vickers .

OslqmNL.png

Is this mount, fexible and can take the low or hight position, or is this a bug with the weapon? 

The models in the game are the models in the game. Changing the silhouette changes nothing. But I'm sure you are well aware of that. The silhouette is just a representation of the unit or weapon team it is not meant to be used to judge its capabilities or exact size. For that use the model in the game.

This could also explain the "bad" position on the knee taking, from the crew, this position will be possible only when the weapon has a high mount and tripode.

Or this is a choice from BFC to use only one animation?

pqto4QX.jpg?2

Correct this is a limitation on the number of animations.

I would like to know because, I make some modifications... 

Thanks in  advance 

JM

Modifications? Do you mean to the model? I am not sure what effect that will have. BFC already clearly abstracts the use of weapons behind walls, hedges and in buildings so I suspect that changes to models will still maintain that but I don't really know how all that works so I cannot really answer that definitively.

4 minutes ago, IanL said:

The models in the game are the models in the game. Changing the silhouette changes nothing. But I'm sure you are well aware of that. The silhouette is just a representation of the unit or weapon team it is not meant to be used to judge its capabilities or exact size. For that use the model in the game.

Correct this is a limitation on the number of animations.

Modifications? Do you mean to the model? I am not sure what effect that will have. BFC already clearly abstracts the use of weapons behind walls, hedges and in buildings so I suspect that changes to models will still maintain that but I don't really know how all that works so I cannot really answer that definitively.

Mais non, mon brave !! , "never" of the famous skeletons we can make a touch and make some modifications, so long we dont have access to the mds files, only on the objects around, like weapons helmets wheels...this is what I meam with modifications, like, make the tripode more high,

( IF the game WERE presenting a MISTAKE, in the "skeleton" but here is not the case), so I let the weapons like they are, because they have to be used like you said, behind walls.

Thanks @IanL,  this help me, this is approximatively what I was thinking, using the same animations for both or more movements.

...one day I will be clever enough to have enough knowledges in Pithon, and introduce a plug in for CM, we were waiting 20 years to have the keys for the mdr, well we can wait 20 years more to have the mds...a beautiful girl mds skeleton will come out in CM, only I don t know when ! 😆 

hey !! just a joke members of the forum 😉

JM