Breach kit

zmoney

24 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

It should have blown a hole through that wall.

Was your Blast order in the middle or at the end of a string of orders? 

I've noticed the game sometimes swaps Blast out for Quick under those circumstances.

Yes sir, it was a green squad, maybe that had something to do with it??

Blast orders are movement orders and that can cause headaches of a variety of sorts. What I've been doing is, instead of putting the Blast movement order inside the building, I place it on the same side as the troops next to them. That way they won't decide to just use the convenient door instead.

12 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Blast orders are movement orders and that can cause headaches of a variety of sorts. What I've been doing is, instead of putting the Blast movement order inside the building, I place it on the same side as the troops next to them. That way they won't decide to just use the convenient door instead.

I am positive it is a bug within the game. When you click blast order it automatically defaults to the jog order. You have to be mindful of this and click the jog order movement yellow line and select blast for it to switch back to blast.

Happens every time, it’s not a one off. So this isn’t game breaking but needs to be added to bug list @BFCElvis.

Sounds like there are two different things going on.   

On 10/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, zmoney said:

What exactly does it do? I tried to blast through an interior wall and instead my troops ran to the roof, got shot up and then ran to the next room over.

If the Blast order end point is placed on the ground floor the troops should not end up on the roof.  In this example they will Blast through the wall (enter) and stop on the ground floor.  If there is an elevation difference the troops may use a door instead of entering through the blasted wall.  If the troops take fire / casualties they might take evasive action, cower, panic etc.        

8 hours ago, zmoney said:

I am positive it is a bug within the game. When you click blast order it automatically defaults to the jog order. You have to be mindful of this and click the jog order movement yellow line and select blast for it to switch back to blast.  Happens every time, it’s not a one off. So this isn’t game breaking but needs to be added to bug list @BFCElvis.

This was a known issue in 2017.  I have not seen this behavior in a long time so thought it had been fixed.  I just did a simple test and could not replicate the Blast order turning into a Quick order.  What version of Black Sea are you playing?  I have version v2.16. Engine 4. 

I have the below in my notes.  I have not had to use this workaround in a very long time.  But maybe it wasn't patched and I have just been lucky.  Not sure now.  

A placed BLAST command sometimes showed up as a QUICK move order in the command phase.   Workaround: If your first BLAST command turns into a QUICK move on placement, select the waypoint and hit the BLAST command again. It should change and stay a BLAST command.

Edited by MOS:96B2P