Ride of the 120th, victim emotional support group [SPOILERS]

59 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

@The_Capt Ngl I'm kind of annoyed that bugfixes which were completed months ago haven't been made available to customers.

@BFCElvis not long ago you said PBEM++ was the only thing being worked on for the next patch.

Oh you and me both, funny we were just discussing that internally.  Stay tuned and maybe we can get some news out soon.

2 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

@BFCElvis not long ago you said PBEM++ was the only thing being worked on for the next patch.

That's kinda what I said. 🙂

The question I answered was "will a patch be out before the PBEM+++ is available?". To which I answered "no" because PBEM+++ is the only thing being tested right now. Now, "only thing being worked on" is a different question, unless you meant only thing being worked on by beta testers.

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

That's kinda what I said. 🙂

The question I answered was "will a patch be out before the PBEM+++ is available?". To which I answered "no" because PBEM+++ is the only thing being tested right now. Now, "only thing being worked on" is a different question, unless you meant only thing being worked on by beta testers.

So if a series of bugfixes have been ready to release for a few months now, why haven't they been? Is there a cost to releasing a patch?

6 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

So if a series of bugfixes have been ready to release for a few months now, why haven't they been? Is there a cost to releasing a patch?

Probably because they thought it wouldn't be long for PBEM+++ so they'd bundle it all in together to save time and effort. Then a few speedbumps get in the way and the whole lot gets delayed. Familiar story in software development.

Is there a monetary cost? Probably not, but the people working on such things will have to stop working on PBEM+++ in order to get the patch built, packaged, uploaded etc etc etc. So there is likely a time cost.

(Disclaimer: I don't know how BF work and this info is all suppositions based on my experiences in software development)

MMM

Edited by Monty's Mighty Moustache

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

@The_Capt Mission 3 of the normal (NOT march or die) soviet campaign (once again). v1.02:
Where is the FO?

where is my FO.jpg

where is my FO 2.jpg

Ah yes, that is a typo we fixed for v1.03 (the patch upcoming).  The "problem" is that you won Msn 2 and are on the victory track.  We spread the FOs out to provide a challenge to...well those who demonstrate they need it, so you should get that FO in the first wave of reinforcements.  If you had lost Msn 2, you would have gotten both up front.  We updated the briefings to reflect because this one is inaccurate.  Everything else should be as per the brief.

2 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Ah yes, that is a typo we fixed for v1.03 (the patch upcoming).  The "problem" is that you won Msn 2 and are on the victory track.  We spread the FOs out to provide a challenge to...well those who demonstrate they need it, so you should get that FO in the first wave of reinforcements.  If you had lost Msn 2, you would have gotten both up front.  We updated the briefings to reflect because this one is inaccurate.  Everything else should be as per the brief.

Oh, it's a documentation fix.

3 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

Actually I've notified about it already, but... Ok, nevermind...

You really don't read any posts, do you.  You are supposed to have only one TAC at the beginning of Msn 3, if you won Msn 2.  That issue, of which your numerous lamentations have been duly noted, is not what we are talking about here.  This is a typo in the mission brief that should not be there...but I think I know what happened.  Anyway, it is not a force laydown issue, so enjoy.  

On 11/27/2021 at 3:14 AM, The_Capt said:

You really don't read any posts, do you.  You are supposed to have only one TAC at the beginning of Msn 3, if you won Msn 2.  That issue, of which your numerous lamentations have been duly noted, is not what we are talking about here.  This is a typo in the mission brief that should not be there...but I think I know what happened.  Anyway, it is not a force laydown issue, so enjoy.  

I've read your comments, but got a little confused over the last ones.