Ride of the 120th, victim emotional support group [SPOILERS]

Hi,

I have to confess I could not complete the soviet campaign ironman style... a couple of battle restarts were required already. haha (I am playing the "March or Die" version)

how the fuq is anybody supposed to win the soviet campaign 3rd mission? Some pointers would be welcome. map: https://i.imgur.com/2UJvlBK.jpg

Repeat after me the "Soviet Campaign Player's Lament"

- I am a good CM player, this is but one campaign of many.  Built by a bastard with bile in his heart, I shall rise above...even in defeat

- I lose for reasons, not excuses.  I win on talent, not luck.

- In the campaign, I am the Devil's Red Right Hand.  I will shed my elegant ways and become the Hammer of War.  As my pixeltroops fall in droves, I feel nothing but righteous impellation 

- On Mission 3, I will try the left flanking through the woods because nothing else seem to work.

2 hours ago, Bearstronaut said:

That mission is kinda broken. There is no Soviet air controller to call in the two SU27s you have for air support.

I dunno, it's typical Soviet life.

When you have ration coupons for meat, the store does't have meat. When the store has meat, you're out of meat coupons...

Welcome to the future, New Soviet Man!

H

9 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Fixed for next patch, hopefully on Steam release.

I got it when the HQ arrived. (he had survived the previous battle)

14 hours ago, The_Capt said:

- On Mission 3, I will try the left flanking through the woods because nothing else seem to work.

Thanks for the support :P

The left flank was what I was going for. Now with renewed confidence.

22 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Hi,

I have to confess I could not complete the soviet campaign ironman style... a couple of battle restarts were required already. haha (I am playing the "March or Die" version)

how the fuq is anybody supposed to win the soviet campaign 3rd mission? Some pointers would be welcome. map: https://i.imgur.com/2UJvlBK.jpg

THE THIRD MISSION IS BROKEN. 

It can't be won, it REQUIRES PATCHING AND COMPLETE REWORK.

I started March or Die version as well (accidentally), and had to replay normal version of campaign, because it is simply can not be won.

The funny thing is that after billion reloads and painful struggle I managed to drive some of my forces to the extraction zone. They left the bettlfield, but the mission ended with defeat. 

In normal version of campaign it could be skipped. 

2 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

You need tactical victory to win.

How did the point math go in the end screen?

I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was some kind of draw or deafeat. I was really surprised, because I managed to withdraw some of my troops through the extraction zone. 

In fact even that could be done only via tedious reloading, but as a sick joke in the end they make you lose 🥵

4 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was some kind of draw or deafeat. I was really surprised, because I managed to withdraw some of my troops through the extraction zone. 

In fact even that could be done only via tedious reloading, but as a sick joke in the end they make you lose 🥵

I will find out in couple of days.

I have confidence I get around 2/3 of my force to evac zone with most American going to Jesus.

5 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

I will find out in couple of days.

I have confidence I get around 2/3 of my force to evac zone with most American going to Jesus.

Good luck with that, but it's more probable that your Soviet troops would get Lenin's banner posthumously.

1 hour ago, The_Capt said:

And that is because it isn't...now take note, this is how to unpack something.  MonkeyKing going to PM you shortly.

I hate to be the person who says, but

On 10/11/2021 at 1:29 PM, dbsapp said:

THE THIRD MISSION IS BROKEN. 

It can't be won, it REQUIRES PATCHING AND COMPLETE REWORK.

I started March or Die version as well (accidentally), and had to replay normal version of campaign, because it is simply can not be won.

1 hour ago, dbsapp said:

I hate to be the person who says, but

There is a lesson here, you see MK posted screen shots and detailed breakdown, not a bunch of ALL CAPS and exclamation marks like an ADHD 12 year old (unless you are a ADHD 12 year old, then my condolences to you and your parents).  

Digging into this and "no" THE MISSION IS NOT BROKEN!!!! emjoi emjoi emjoi (seriously, social media has destroyed a generation at least).

It is very hard and there is something missing which was supposed to be put in.  The reality is that mission is winnable but it takes a damn near perfect game to do it, which is unreasonable.  Tweaking in progress.

20 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

There is a lesson here, you see MK posted screen shots and detailed breakdown, not a bunch of ALL CAPS and exclamation marks like an ADHD 12 year old (unless you are a ADHD 12 year old, then my condolences to you and your parents).  

Digging into this and "no" THE MISSION IS NOT BROKEN!!!! emjoi emjoi emjoi (seriously, social media has destroyed a generation at least).

It is very hard and there is something missing which was supposed to be put in.  The reality is that mission is winnable but it takes a damn near perfect game to do it, which is unreasonable.  Tweaking in progress.

Oh, now it's my mistake.

I would like to remind you that I posted the information on Mission 3 issues on June 15. 

It made you acknowledge that the mission 3 is bugged. Unfortunately, nothing followed:

As for screenshots, well, I made a bunch of them:

I understand and I beg your pardon that this is not as enlightening, precise and constructive as:

On 10/10/2021 at 3:04 PM, The_MonkeyKing said:

how the fuq is anybody supposed to win the soviet campaign 3rd mission?

I need to learn a lesson.

P.S. Sorry for CAPS-LOCK. 

3 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

I need to learn a lesson.

You definitely do..  Seriously, you cannot see how all of that "feedback" is not helpful in the least?  Here let me help:

In the "admission post", I came back to confirm whether you could see an SU-17 Cluster to try and clear up what was a miscommunication...no response.  This after your initial feedback was (and I quote):

"Guys, the Soviet campaign was a mistake.

I mean MISTAKE."

Then your copious screen shots were Campaign end-screens which really do not do much to assist in trying to nail down specific issues.  You have not once posted anything to reinforce you -pretty broad-position.

Frankly this all comes across as "CM Karen", not useful feedback.  One thing I really do like about the CM community is that this type of feedback is in the minority, unlike the cesspools out in wild internet.

So let me enlighten a bit.

March or Die is by design meant to be really hard...no participant medal here.  My best guess was 95% of CM players would not finish it (so you are in with the majority).  It is why we built the Standard version so the average player could actually still enjoy the campaign.  Mission 3 - March of Die is not "BROKEN AND IN NEED OF COMPLETE REDO".  It needed a Tac Air controller at Setup (done, and this one does go to you, I did this because of your "help" btw) and score tweaking to offset the Blue Bonus lock we setup so someone could not just hit ceasefire and advance.  Even with these tweaks MK likely would not have met the minor_victory requirement to advance based on his losses above (10 out of 13 tanks) BUT he should have come closer, maybe even a draw.  

If there is a lesson for you to learn here is a simple one, that hopefully will come with age: "Just because you do not agree with something, it does not mean it is automatically wrong/broken/immoral/evil".  Perhaps a second good one is "Failure is a good thing, so long as you 1) learn from it, to avoid it becoming a habit and 2) try and do it with grace and class."

20 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

You definitely do..  Seriously, you cannot see how all of that "feedback" is not helpful in the least?  Here let me help:

In the "admission post", I came back to confirm whether you could see an SU-17 Cluster to try and clear up what was a miscommunication...no response.  This after your initial feedback was (and I quote):

"Guys, the Soviet campaign was a mistake.

I mean MISTAKE."

Then your copious screen shots were Campaign end-screens which really do not do much to assist in trying to nail down specific issues.  You have not once posted anything to reinforce you -pretty broad-position.

Frankly this all comes across as "CM Karen", not useful feedback.  One thing I really do like about the CM community is that this type of feedback is in the minority, unlike the cesspools out in wild internet.

So let me enlighten a bit.

March or Die is by design meant to be really hard...no participant medal here.  My best guess was 95% of CM players would not finish it (so you are in with the majority).  It is why we built the Standard version so the average player could actually still enjoy the campaign.  Mission 3 - March of Die is not "BROKEN AND IN NEED OF COMPLETE REDO".  It needed a Tac Air controller at Setup (done, and this one does go to you, I did this because of your "help" btw) and score tweaking to offset the Blue Bonus lock we setup so someone could not just hit ceasefire and advance.  Even with these tweaks MK likely would not have met the minor_victory requirement to advance based on his losses above (10 out of 13 tanks) BUT he should have come closer, maybe even a draw.  

If there is a lesson for you to learn here is a simple one, that hopefully will come with age: "Just because you do not agree with something, it does not mean it is automatically wrong/broken/immoral/evil".  Perhaps a second good one is "Failure is a good thing, so long as you 1) learn from it, to avoid it becoming a habit and 2) try and do it with grace and class."

I didn't make any personal attacks, you did. I didn't call anybody "ADHD 12 year old". 

It's unfortunate that my "feedback" is not helpful in the least", though it proved to be true. In the end you are doing the "tweaking" based on the issues I raised. It would be much more helpful if you accepted them earlier.

Instead of offending your customer, you could show more respect to the person who paid money to do beta-testing and listening to how his "feedback is not helpful". If you made some mistakes - which is quite normal and not shameful, everybody does - so acknowledge them  "with grace and class".

I don't blame you, don't want to attack you and wish you well. 

3 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

Instead of offending your customer, you could show more respect to the person who paid money to do beta-testing and listening to how his "feedback is not helpful". If you made some mistakes - which is quite normal and not shameful, everybody does - so acknowledge them  "with grace and class".

There it is...I suppose you want to see my manager next. 

No, we are not tweaking based on your feedback (beyond the Tac Air Controller, which I did most of the legwork on as your responses were extremely vague) and you should not walk away thinking that.  We are tweaking based on MKs feedback because it is good.  It shows screen shots of an end-mission screen and layout which does not look right.  It let me narrow down a feature that was left out by mistake.

Of course I made a mistake and am acknowledging them, that is why I am posting here for all to read and not offline.  

As to this whole "hurt puppy" routine, take it somewhere else.  You have been loud, entitled and rude pretty much since you dumped on this forum.  Hell, you came back for a big "I told you so" moment, and now you fall to the ground a "wounded paying customer".  You gave BFC legal currency, they gave you a game and we will continue to support that game, including fixing tweaks and errors.  None of it bought being simply rude to the people who are trying to build the best game  with what they have for a community they have been a part of for over 20 years.