Possible KV-1 winter track discovery

While reading Poliakov's fascinating wartime book White Mammoths (KV-1s in winter ops), I found a Sovfoto pic which I think is showing a KV-1 fitted with what the Germans called Ostkette (Eastern Track) and the US called track extenders or duckbill connectors (got blistered by brother George (ex-Bradleys) for calling them grousers). Could be misinterpreting what I'm seeing, put photo research I did shows this configuration is not the standard OEM track. Obviously, this isn't a pressing matter for CMx2 now, but may be useful later as the game steps backwards in time.

245121854_4280753885369358_6236722478253

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Vergeltungswaffe and Sgt.Squarehead,

According to a book referenced by Eero Juholoa over on the CoC Wargame FB group, there were five types of track, apparently pretty similar, and one that was possibly experimental. The KV-1 pics I've seen didn't have the kind of track I posted about, so thanks for your help. The reference in question is a tome from Panzerwrecks and has a "I've been REALLY good this year, Santa" price point.

244658548_617993135863892_82361386884241

Regards,

John Kettler

Just so you know the track in John's photo (better version here https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/KV-1.JPG) may not be the same as the one in the photo Vergeltungswaffe provided (I think this is the same exact tank here https://live.staticflickr.com/3820/11303522946_59aeb0e732_c.jpg from the rear).  Just inside where the sprocket (?) teeth enter the track seems to be deeply recessed in the modern photo wheras this is not clear in the first, but looks flatter.