RPG accuracy - place your bets!

Bufo

Situation: an infantry squad (regular training level) walking in the woods finds a Bradley sitting. The Bradley didn't notice them, and will also be unable to note where fire is coming from. So my squad doesn't have any incoming fire whatsoever. Nothing bothers them. Distance: 225M.

What do you think, how many PG-7 rounds he needs to fire until finally he was able to hit it? Closest bet gets a free virtual beer!

RPG-how-many.jpg

8 hours ago, Jace11 said:

A bit early for the defense council to be submitting evidence isn't it? We don't even know the outcome yet....

By the way I am not attacking whatsoever, just wanted to share this.

You are not betting guys, cmon.

Edited by Bufo

22 hours ago, Bufo said:

how many PG-7 rounds he needs to fire until finally he was able to hit it?

If the Bradley is under my command then one and done. If the infantry are under my command then they will run out of ammo first. That is based on my experiences in the game - that I remember. I forget all the rest.

13 hours ago, Bufo said:

Okay, so what happened.

He was able to hit the Bradley with his 11th shot. That's right, *eleventh* shot. All 10 grenades fired before that missed. No incoming fire, no harassment at all. There's your regular Russian soldier.

Not hitting 10 times at 50% or even 70% chance is fine within the world of statistics / probabilities. A bit of an outlier perhaps.

Anyway in game the RPG is more accurate under 200m.

25 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Not hitting 10 times at 50% or even 70% chance is fine within the world of statistics / probabilities. A bit of an outlier perhaps.

Anyway in game the RPG is more accurate under 200m.

You realize the chance to hit goes up with every shot, right?

Edited by Bufo

28 minutes ago, Bufo said:

You realize the chance to hit goes up with every shot, right?

Not necessarily. Are you talking about RL or ingame? 

Do you realize that if a chance for something is 50% than it doesn't matter how many times you run it, it will remain 50%?

For example in roulette the chance for red isn't higher if you just had a black number.

Although in RL the operator might learn to aim a bit lower or higher. But between reloading and the rocket standard inaccuracy not sure how much that would mean. 

In game I don't know if chance gets bigger.

But what's your point anyway? you haven't made one.