Error message when uploading a Map

GhostRider3/3

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Dude, sign up for Dropbox, it's dead simple to use.

Yeah looks like that may be the case, the problem is, it will be lost here in the forums or something instead of where it should be with all the other scenarios.  I will think about it, I hate signing up for more stuff I rarely use.. LOL  Im old school non tech.

20 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

So I am using Winzip and I get this error message when uploading the zipped .btt file.  "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons." 

I followed the beautiful instructions to a T.. this of course is like running into a brick wall, but have experienced it before.

Any suggestion would be awesome.

James.

You trying to load the file to this forum? If so there is a limit on size of files than can be uploaded.

Dropbox easy to use and minimum fuss sign up. Other cloud providers are available ;) Or email it to me and I'll host it on my own dropbox and sedn you the link for you to share? Just PM me your email.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:52 AM, GhostRider3/3 said:

Thats a negative GeorgeMC.  I was just trying to upload it on the Scenario Depot III site.  But for whatever reason it did not like my zipped file from Winzip.  I will send you a PM GeorgeMC.  Thanks for the assist. 

I had the same problem yesterday when uploading the mini-campaign Alarmeinheiten to the Scenario Depot III.  I think I originally had the file zipped with Bandizip and I got the same message you did.  I then switched to another zip program (I think WinZip?) and it worked.  My Bandizip was not the newest version so maybe had a potential security issue.  I would first check that you had the newest version of a zip program. 

Also, the Scenario Depot is run by @Bootie.  He would be able to help out.  I'm guessing it's just the version of the Zip program.    

8 hours ago, Bootie said:

Cant see any files that failed to load... use winzip or 7zip to upload. :)

Copy that Bootie, I had been using Winzip.  The file is 206kb.  Anyways maybe it was a fluke day, will try again later.  I had the same issue trying to load another btt. file Barkmann's Corner revisited, so I dont know, its pretty simple stupid and the directions on how to upload are top notch, first class really.