CMFI Map Question

11 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

I feel I should hire a HR person to check my work..

Designing for these games can be utterly mind-melting at times.....I've got a truck that steadfastly refuses to move on a given order, despite being quite happy to move when given a whole stream of identical orders previously!

No doubt I've cocked something up, but finding it.....:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Designing for these games can be utterly mind-melting at times.....I've got a truck that steadfastly refuses to move on a given order, despite being quite happy to move when given a whole stream of identical orders previously!

No doubt I've cocked something up, but finding it.....:rolleyes:

does it have a separate AI movement order?  Once you get passed 14 AI different orders its crazy.  Its why I myself write down every group, what they are supposed to do, and what side of the map they are on for somewhat easy scripting, but yeah most of this is really simple but there are some hickups.

6 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

does it have a separate AI movement order?

It has an AI group all of its own, the orders are painted tile by tile, with facings to reduce the risk of hitting fences & trees.....All of the orders are essentially identical and all of them work, until the fifth one, which just doesn't!  :rolleyes:

There's another truck just behind it following an almost identical order set, 30 seconds behind it.....The fifth order for this AI Group/truck works, so it tries to overtake the preceeding truck, smashing through a fence and trashing its tyres in the process. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

The most likely situation I suspect is that you've screwed up a time trigger/ or order/objective trigger somewhere. Easily done, especially as the trigger is usually on the prior order (so not visible).

The second or that the AI order is one some kind of command towards the assault end of things, and it's not deciding to advance with that unit (although being 100% of the AI group probably makes that unlikely).

Nope, timings are right and it's on a Dash Order (the best bet for getting vehicles to move reasonably smoothly in my experience). 

I'm aware the Dash Order has quirks, it often doesn't work if you paint a tile at the edge of the map (I think because faster units take a tile or two to slow down and stop), but this is nowhere near a map edge.

I'll fix it or work around it eventually.