Master Toe (Aug-Oct 1944) 5th SS Panzer Division "Wiking"

Artkin

• Artkin changed the title to Master Toe (Aug-Oct 1944) 5th SS Panzer Division "Wiking"
10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Great job, Artkin. Must have been quite a lot of work. Thanks for that!

I often think how good it would be to have more maps of famous battlefields and more master TOE's, as you call it, to create your own scenario's faster and easier. Would be great tools to create realistic quick battles.

Thank you! 

It wasnt as much as it may seem, but it definitely requires having 10 tabs open at once in Pale Moon and alt tabbing about 100-200 times. ;)

I'm going to try and focus on doing CM battlefields. Like use the master maps and see who fought on them. If I model both forces on the same file it's like a digital playset! 

Thats the whole point anyway. This formation is a tool so we can all understand how scenarios/campaigns get their troop compositions. And its a lot of fun playing with a regiment at a time on pbem... :)

1 hour ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Thank you very much for that.

I always enjoy these when you post them.

Youre welcome!

I am actually glad to hear that. If I get books I'll submit updates to these.. which is kind of lame I didnt get it right the first time but whatever. These all should really be rough outlines of what to expect from these divisions. 

This division took action around Radzymin, the largest tank battle in Poland of the war apparently.

Here are two more to chew on, bare infantry divisions for each side. One is historical by name and is in theater alongside 5th SS Panzer division in January 1945  under command of 4th Army (203rd Infantry Division) , and one is fictional (132nd Rifle Division)...

yeahsureoklol.png

yess.png

CM-Red-Thunder-2021-09-12-22-12-36-20.pn

https://www.filemail.com/d/ljfshojoyhexqsr

Edited by Artkin

Thanks a ton @akd. My goodness that is loaded with symbols. I have the key for them, but that's a ton to break down.

GeorgeMC has a good book on them too. Once I get my next job I will probably pick up a few books.

I was trying to establish a paper strength here, and afterward I would consider the real thing.

43 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Thanks a ton @akd. My goodness that is loaded with symbols. I have the key for them, but that's a ton to break down.

Here is a handy key online (if that is not already what you are using):

http://niehorster.org/011_germany/symbols/_symbols_43.html

Happy to help if you have questions.

Edited by akd