Differing CMCW prices

39 minutes ago, BarnesWhittle said:

I was about to bite the bullet and buy CMCW today for $60 which is the price I saw on the site, but when I logged onto my account it increased to $69.90.  60 was more than I really wanted to pay, so 70 is too much.  Is $69.90 the correct price?  If so why does it show $60?  Thanks

Where are you? If not in the US then it could be adding taxes, does it for the UK (VAT). 

MMM

2 hours ago, BarnesWhittle said:

I was about to bite the bullet and buy CMCW today for $60 which is the price I saw on the site, but when I logged onto my account it increased to $69.90.  60 was more than I really wanted to pay, so 70 is too much.  Is $69.90 the correct price?  If so why does it show $60?  Thanks

2 hours ago, Probus said:

I logged in and put CW (download only) in my cart and did everything but pay for it and it stayed $60. Even with the extras I couldn't get it to $69.90. @BFCElvis

Correct. It is the UK VAT that went into effect January 1st.

Thanks all for the helpful replies.  Yes I am in UK.  I am so used to Matrix and Steam showing UK tax inclusive prices that VAT never occurred to me.  Anyway, I bit the bullet even harder and ordered the game.  I was based in Germany in 1983 and have always had an interest in that era.  The Cold War felt very real at the time.

7 hours ago, BarnesWhittle said:

Thanks all for the helpful replies.  Yes I am in UK.  I am so used to Matrix and Steam showing UK tax inclusive prices that VAT never occurred to me.  Anyway, I bit the bullet even harder and ordered the game.  I was based in Germany in 1983 and have always had an interest in that era.  The Cold War felt very real at the time.

Sorry about the taxes, here in Canada we know a thing or two about getting fleeced at the checkout.  Regardless, thank you for your purchase and support, I hope you really enjoy the game.  As I type we are working on the next module, more to follow on that.

42 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Sorry about the taxes, here in Canada we know a thing or two about getting fleeced at the checkout.  Regardless, thank you for your purchase and support, I hope you really enjoy the game.  As I type we are working on the next module, more to follow on that.

I know there is no way you will tell us what it is before the official announcement. But did anyone in the 'Cold War Module speculation...' thread guess right?

27 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

No one has been exactly right yet, but there are a couple that are close.

More importantly.....When? 

Not too worried what it is, but I definitely want it.  :)

Yours in the only game in the series where I still spend more time playing than editing.....But that won't last, I've already got three CM:CW projects on the go.

PS - I am hoping there are some old CM:A fans amongst the CM:CW posse, I must admit.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

More importantly.....When? 

Not too worried what it is, but I definitely want it.  :)

Yours in the only game in the series where I still spend more time playing than editing.....But that won't last, I've already got three CM:CW projects on the go.

PS - I am hoping there are some old CM:A fans amongst the CM:CW posse, I must admit.  ;)

Ok, I will go out on a limb here and say “2022” is what we are planning on but that comes with the usual caveats (i.e “when it is done”) and I would not want to hazard anymore detail than that until we get an official announcement.