Migrating to a new PC

Larsen

Yes.  I currently have games installed and working on 3 machines at different locations.  For reasons no one can explain, the games will load but not run on a 4th Win 10 machine.  But, tech support tells me it has nothing to do with the number of activations.

Edited by Erwin

Erwin is correct. The current copy-protection system does NOT have an unlicense feature and doesn't require an uninstallation of a previous install. CMSF1 and CMA use the eLicense system that supported up to 2 concurrent activations. With that system if you needed to install on another computer you needed to unlicense at least one of the previous activated installations. The current system (since CMBN) comes with 4 activations per license key and they just get 'used up'. If you run out of activations you can contact the Helpdesk and request an activation be added to your license keys (that you'll need to provide).

I remember there was an application that would install and activate the modules. You just had to enter the product key. I can't find it anywhere. I forgot does it come with the games or should I download it separately?

In general I have two games CMBN and CMFI with all the modules. Do I need to download all the files consecutively and install one after another until I get all the modules to engine 4? I searched and I could not find the answer...

Hm. I downloaded CMBN Engine 4

Unzipped the files. 

Run the activation module and entered the activation key.

It said activation was a success.

Clicked on Play

After that I get a splash screen with tank and explosion close by at night (I guess ) and nothing happens. It stays there for a while and exists without starting a game.

If I run CMBN again it goes through the same routine - asks for an activation key, says it was as success, and once I clock play it hangs.

Does anyone know what should I do differently? I am on Windows 10.

For CMBN 4.x to work you have to activate both the 4.0 Upgrade and 3.0 Upgrade license keys. Depending on when you purchased CMBN the base game's license key could be anything from version 1.x to 4.x or you could have an Upgrade license key that is a combo of 3.x and 4.x. I assume you've had CMBN for awhile and you have the 3.0 Upgrade and 4.0 Upgrade. Activating those to license keys will get the basic game running (no modules). Use the 'Activate New Products' shortcut (located in the game's main folder/directory) to activate any further license keys (modules and packs). The 1.x and 2.0 Upgrade license keys are NOT necessary and do NOT need to be activated.

For CMFI it is a similar situation where you'll want to activate the 3.0 Upgrade and 4.0 Upgrade license keys to get the base game running at version 4.x. And again using the 'Activate New Products' shortcut to activate modules, etc. The 2.x base game license key should NOT be needed.

Edited by Schrullenhaft

Er... I got CMBN version 3. I don't have the keys though - just a download link. I then upgraded to version 4 and I have keys for that one and the battle pack (also have a key for that one).

What do I do? 

I got CMFI vs 4 and I was able to install and activate it.

With a download link, there should be a license key listed in your Battlefront Store account, assuming you purchased a 'pre-order' or a 'download + mail delivery' item. If the license key is not there, then contact the Helpdesk (click the blue, '+ new ticket' button in the upper right). You will probably need to provide your sales order number (or whatever proof of purchase there is) and they can possibly help you out with a license key.