Units gain experience during a campaign.

Htike

Hello All. I am new.

I am making a campaign, one that follows a single platoon of marines over a series of missions. I would like to make it so that survivors from mission to mission gain experience. How would I do this? Do I have to manually edit each scenario in the campaign? I would also like to make it so that they gain promotions but then if I lose a squad or an individual they should be replaced with less experienced troops. Is this at all possible?

Thank you for any advice.

You would need to create a seperate version of the core units within your Core Units File (a blank scenario with just the units for your campaign) for each scenario.....Unfortunately this would also have the effect of renaming everyone (unless you manually named them yourself in each and every version) and replacing casualties either with fresh full squads, or squads manually depleted by yourself in the editior.....To all intents & purposes it would make the reinforcements & resupply section of the campaign script utterly redundant and it would make an absolute mountain of work out of your Core Units File. 

IMHO this concept would be better executed as a series of indivdual scenarios, set a few weeks apart.....The amount of work would be the same or slightly less (avoiding the complexities of campaign compilation) and you have better control of your creation overall.