Issue in SF2 with victory points and a mixed regular Syrian/insurgents force

On 8/23/2021 at 9:55 AM, Zveroboy1 said:

So I am working on a scenario where I have the defending AI with a mixed regular Syrians and insurgents force. I give them three different zones with occupy victory points. I play test the scenario, hit cease fire and the two objectives occupied by regular Syrian troops score VPs normally but the third objective occupied by insurgents scores zero points.

If I replace insurgents with regular Syrians the third location scores VPs normally.

Is this a known issue? And can someone think of an existing SF2 scenario that has both regular Syrians and insurgents on the same side?

It is probable that I am not doing something right but I double checked several times.

good luck with that bro , scenario looks good 

20 hours ago, freetheEagle said:

Speed Test good luck with that bro , scenario looks good 

20 hours ago, freetheEagle said:

So I am working on a scenario where I have the defending AI with a mixed regular Syrians and insurgents force. I give them three different zones with occupy victory points. I play test the scenario, hit cease fire and the two objectives occupied by regular Syrian troops score VPs normally but the third objective occupied by insurgents scores zero points.

If I replace insurgents with regular Syrians the third location scores VPs normally.

Is this a known issue? And can someone think of an existing SF2 scenario that has both regular Syrians and insurgents on the same side?

It is probable that I am not doing something right but I double checked several times.

let me know when you finished i'd like to see the good work

Edited by freetheEagle

Heh thanks, I don't even know for sure whether it is going to work or not though! I managed to make a lot of progress after I figured what the issue was with terrain objectives. It is almost done but at the moment I think it is a bit too difficult. It takes place in Iraq and you play the bad guys, that's all I can say for now.

1 hour ago, Zveroboy1 said:

It takes place in Iraq and you play the bad guys, that's all I can say for now.

Is this a fictional (Battlefront Storyline) or real Iraq.....I'm a massive fan of Uncon scenarios and campaigns, but I'm not too sure that even I want to play as Al Qaeda, Jabhat Al Nusrah or ISIS.  :unsure:

TBH this is why I invented my OSIRIS (Organisation of Shia Islamic Resistance in Iraq & Syria) concept.....Jihadis you can come to love & respect!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Yes real Iraq.

And I am aware that it is not the best timing ever with recent events. Thing is I have been wanting to make a scenario where you get to play uncons for a long time and couldn't really come up with something that was interesting enough until now. Besides I like it when a scenario is based on real events, not super fond of the fictional storyline thing personally. I see why one would be tempted to do that but from where I stand it is simply a way to sanitize it. And of course that's convenient but ultimately all it does is hide the unpleasant aspects. It is still all there underneath the surface, you just avoid looking at it directly. 

So the way I see it, there is no escaping the fact that if you want to play uncons during the war in Iraq with a semi realistic setting, it is automatically going to be the bad guys. It is a bit distasteful clearly but it is hard to avoid seeing as pretty much every single Iraqi faction involved did some pretty heinous ****. And anyway we are all grown-ups and wargamers so we should be able to dissociate ideology and tactics.

No it is way beyond the concept stage, it is almost finished really. I am just bracing myself for the onslaught of comments complaining about how it is too hard. Which very well might be the case mind you. I am still trying to tweak it but it is probably going to remain rather challenging I think. And that's fine seeing as you play AQI. I don't want to make it easy on these guys. I say "I think", because I made that one scenario for CMBS that I could barely beat myself where some guy won hands down without taking a single casualty so.... Goes to show you how easy these things are to balance.

12 hours ago, Zveroboy1 said:

I made that one scenario for CMBS that I could barely beat myself where some guy won hands down without taking a single casualty so.... Goes to show you how easy these things are to balance.

Maybe more a question that the guy managed to figure out the best tactics for the Uncons.  That is not always easy with a new concept.  Probably best if you release it and let us tell you if it's too hard or not.  

No I was talking about a different scenario that I made for CMBS, no uncons there.

But yes I am going to release it soon. Only 1-2 more tests and it is going to be ready I think. There aren't that many units on the map so it plays fairly fast. It is easy to playtest. You can play the scenario in 1 hour and a half, 2 hours easily. Then I can start working on a second Iraq scenario I have been wanting to do.

Look forward to trying it, hope my comments didn't seem unreasonably critical, they weren't intended that way. 

As you know I really like Uncon scenarios, especially in an urban environment.....I'm also fond of megadeth experiments involving a couple of hundred IEDs, so I like to make it clear that I am keeping these strictly in the realms of dark-fiction, borderline parody.