NEW SCENARIOS WITH MODS: WARSAW UPRISING

Here is a dropbox link to my first 3 Warsaw Uprising scenarios.

Scenario 1:  "Ambush"

Scenario 2:  "Car Jackers"

Scenario 3:  "Prison Assault"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3zq22l6pnakt6bj/AACLsDMsleB55dhg2lJS1nzca?dl=0

You FIRST need the main Warsaw Uprising Mod folder, JM's uniforms and other stuff, from cmmods. @JM Stuff sent it yesterday...

BUT please also get a small mod folder from my dropbox link above that added some more flavor to Warsaw.

More scenarios will come later this week!

Thank you

32 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Magnificent, Phil, thank you!

Kohlenklau 7/29/2021

BACKGROUND
I got involved in this CMRT Warsaw Uprising Mod back a few months ago when I was making a CMRT Romanian Mod with forumite JM. He had shown a Mod in the forums and it was several years old. I told him we would work together to make it take flight and become alive. It has been a lot of work. JM does GiMP uniform work and also some Blender work. But he doesn't (yet) know maps or scenarios or campaigns. So, you get stuck with old kohlenklau...

CREDITS
Others helped with the mod and JM has thanked them in his release posts. umlaut, juju, Frenchy56, Suchy, Probus, NPye, I think that is the list of people who helped directly or indirectly in some way. I also will give a thank you to the main playtester Vacilllator. He played many of these scenarios over and over as I TRIED to improve them. If they suck, it is my fault.

SOURCES OF INSPIRATION
I saw a couple movies about the Warsaw Uprising these past few months and those movies burned into my brain a vision of what I could create in CM. I did my best. 

THE POLES
The unit in the scenarios is a fictional unit called "Kompania Tomasz" and has 3 plutonu (platoons) and a few teams with the company HQ. Each plutonu has 3 squads and some teams. My strategy was that the Polish resistance had a variety of folks. Some would be classified as veterans due to age, maturity, experience, physical strength from their job, toughness, firearms and weapons ability. A middle group would be classified as regulars due to less of the above. Finally the 3rd squad would be green but ironically they have the higher motivation. Maybe they only know life under the nazi boot. They are inexperienced but ready to kill and/or die. Snipers for the CMRT partisans are 1 man teams. These guys will be your "message runners" in a later scenario. Then there are some special teams to aid the player in the scenarios. 

THE MAPS
I did do **some** research for the maps. Looking at old maps of Warsaw and current Warsaw in Google Earth. I did take some poetic license but within the limits of CM map making and what buildings we have at our disposal, I am happy with the results. I didn't want to go crazy modding buildings. I added in some new colors of buildings that seemed to match 1930's Warsaw. I stretched a lamp post in Blender to make it match Warsaw old photos of very tall street lights. I modded the images in the Berlin kiosk flavor object. I made a red civilian truck out of the Gaz MM. The second wave of scenarios will have some more new mods to show the damage of Warsaw. Just a few broken windows, shot up walls, burning buildings, rubbled streets, bent street lights... KOHLENKLAU'S GOLDEN RULE OF MODDING: keep it accomplishable!

THE GERMANS
I decided early on that I personally would not make a mod of Germans or make scenarios from that point of view. For this conflict, I think they (Dirlewanger Brigade, ROA) do not deserve any attention. If somebody else wants to...help yourself.

THE SCENARIOS
I started thinking of the various things that happened and boiled it down to my scenario list. They are very short scenarios and on tiny/small maps. KOHLENKLAU'S GOLDEN RULE OF SCENARIO WRITING: keep it accomplishable!

I hope it plays out smoothly and looks decent!

Thank you,
Phil

Edited by kohlenklau

2 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

For this conflict, I think they (Dirlewanger Brigade, ROA) do not deserve any attention. If somebody else wants to...help yourself.

Fully agree. Dirlewanger brigade was scum.

5 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

CREDITS
Others helped with the mod and JM has thanked them in his release posts. umlaut, juju, Frenchy56, Suchy, Probus, NPye, I think that is the list of people who helped directly or indirectly in some way. I also will give a thank you to the main playtester Vacilllator. He played many of these scenarios over and over as I TRIED to improve them. If they suck, it is my fault.

Also many thanks to JM and the above mentioned people!

35 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Dirlewanger brigade was scum.

Just for the record, even though my father's family suffered horribly in the east (was 100% wiped out aside from him), I have no rancor vs Germans and even prefer playing the German side as it's "more fun".  I would have no issue if someone wanted to sim the Dirlewanger Bde any more than I would the Mongol hordes or any other event that is now part of history.  Of course. people are definitely more raw the more recent horrific events may have occurred especially if they were personally affected.  It would be recommended that mention is made in the Briefing or Designer Notes of the atrocities and horrors that he and others, including many Partisan bands, inflicted in that ghastly war in the East.  Many folks these days are victim of our crumbling education system - especially the history departments - and are largely innocent of the events.

Edited by Erwin

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

You're right, Phil. Sorry about that. I don't see JM's mods yet, could you perhaps post some screenshots?

Hi all thanks Phill for the detailled post above thanks Aragorn2002...

For the little story I send the full package yesterday to Bootie with some restrictions cos Phill was sending me a message later that I didn't know, with more instructions about his later finish job with scenarios and others stuff.

So I was saying to Bootie that he has to wait to put on the CMMODs untill Phill give me or send  himself to Bootie the last job that he did, is only later that he send me alI and I made the last transfert in one time including the last package of Phill.

I guess soon I will recieve a mail from Bootie to confirm that he recieve all in one time and will be playable soon, sorry for this inconvenient ...

Hope my text is clear enough.

JM

There is a folder of stuff that is not modtagged. These are options. Put them in your z folder for Warsaw Uprising flavored screens shown during loading of the scenario and the force selection with Polish symbols. 

The main modtag is [powstanie] that is the Polish word for uprising. 

As usual, mods can be quite complex. We did our best to test things.

If you have issues with what you see, please PM JM Stuff and/or me.

Dumping a complaint or screenshots of goofy stuff here in this thread is not the nicest thing to do to a brand new baby mod. 

We'll take action to help you. But please PM us.

REPOSTED IN A COMPREHENSIVE MANNER...

Here is a dropbox link to my first 3 Warsaw Uprising scenarios.

Scenario 1:  "Ambush"

Scenario 2:  "Car Jackers"

Scenario 3:  "Prison Assault"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3zq22l6pnakt6bj/AACLsDMsleB55dhg2lJS1nzca?dl=0

You FIRST need the main Warsaw Uprising Mod folder, JM's uniforms and other stuff, from cmmods. @JM Stuff sent it yesterday...

I am not sure what the issue is with CMMODS.

So, temporarily I have put the main mod folder along with my dropbox link above. Or you can wait for CMMODS to offer it...

BUT please also get a small mod folder from my dropbox link above that added some more flavor to Warsaw.

More scenarios will come later this week!

Note: There is a folder of stuff that is not modtagged. These are options. Put them in your z folder for Warsaw Uprising flavored screens shown during loading of the scenario and the force selection with Polish symbols. 

The main modtag is [powstanie] that is the Polish word for uprising. 

As usual, mods can be quite complex. We did our best to test things.

If you have issues with what you see, please PM JM Stuff and/or me.

Dumping a complaint or screenshots of goofy stuff here in this thread is not the nicest thing to do to a brand new baby mod. 

We'll take action to help you. But please PM us.

Thank you

10 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks JM and Kohl.

I was lucky enough to have an sneaky peak at this and playthrough earlier versions of the scenarios - they were great adrenalin rushes and I got soundly beat by the AI several times! Great stuff!

Thanks Mark
this was a pleasure to created something, yours comments and advices were and are always welcome,  but like I said if I don't have meet a captain like Phill, and all the members of this little team (I hope to mention everybodys), the project will never see the light.

I saw also some posts of you, as young student, with very interresting stuffs and your unbelievable love for the nature and now Blender, I hope that you find in it what you need  and be happy with your creation, me I am happy to bring you to touch in the 3d where normaly you don t want to know nothing about, and I invite everybodys to do the same, togethers we can be strong and help eachother... one thing that I would like to touch now is, the annimations and effects, I saw some of others games like Graviteam that I buy already one game, and I hope one day that we will  have the possibilities to added some or created ours owns ones for CM...

Good luck with Blender and all what you like !
(you are already a lucky guy and say yourself in your avatar !😁

Amical 

JM

A little sad that the mod is currently not available for all interested !
I admit that Bootie is always very busy with his own business, but probably he is also busy doing a full test of the mod, before to present it to us in a defaults clip version, to discover any faults or good comments...

I have nothing against but please, this will be better AFTER the publication of the mod, I am sure the other members of the forum are impatient also to play and give their own opinions...

I hope the light will come soon, I would like also listening some opinions...

JM