Ideas for a future, most probably the final pack ever for CMFI. The "Ci Vediamo Dopo" Pack (Farewell/See you later!)

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

For something that rare?  :o

If we're paying out for insanely rare things, then I think I'd rather have these three for an early iteration of CM:RT:

I recognise the bottom two beasties, but what's the top one? Something Russian judging by the chassis?

Whilst we're at it I want my KV85 back ... loved those in BB. Sorry Kohl 😉 but you never know whose reading these threads.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

😉 but you never know whose reading these threads.

It is cool. THREAD DERAILED! In the immortal lyrics of a Jethro Tull...

He sees his children jumping off
At the stations one by one
His woman and his best friend
In bed and having fun
Oh, he's crawling down the corridor
On his hands and knees
Old Charlie stole the handle
And the train it won't stop going
No way to slow down
Hey

14 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I recognise the bottom two beasties, but what's the top one? Something Russian judging by the chassis?

SU-100Y:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SU-100Y

That thing really does have a gun from a warship!  :o

14 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Whilst we're at it I want my KV85 back ... loved those in BB. Sorry Kohl 😉 but you never know whose reading these threads.

I was a fan of the KV-85 too (both in CM and in my 1/72 scale model collection).....Allegedly at least one of them was retrofitted with the turret from a IS-2.

Since we're already on a slight tangent, this is an immensely cool one off:

Losgn8Dy-uS7Q4Z5vaR-eNJD-ZUYaiq5eEGuqLF5

And in a vague effort to get this train back on track I shall suggest that if you are doing a hypothetical Malta scenario, you will need these:

kv_2_39.jpg

9 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

In bed and having fun
On his hands and knees
No way to slow down
Hey

One of the greatest riffs of all time IMHO!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

In bed and having fun
On his hands and knees
No way to slow down
Hey

Indeed In the shuffling madness ...

Well it got me thinking and all nostalgic like - pulled out my old 70's copy of Bruce Quarrie's Panzers in the Desert, nice collection of classic photos of NA. Weirdest (other than that odd landship thing) got to be this Tonka Toy

xmvrCFz.jpg
now one of those in the garage would make me happy, that or a Kettenkrad of course!

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I was a fan of the KV-85 too (both in CM and in my 1/72 scale model collection).....Allegedly at least one of them was retrofitted with the turret from a IS-2.

Since we're already on a slight tangent, this is an immensely cool one off:

Losgn8Dy-uS7Q4Z5vaR-eNJD-ZUYaiq5eEGuqLF5

track sag ...

10 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

And in a vague effort to get this train back on track I shall suggest that if you are doing a hypothetical Malta scenario, you will need these:

kv_2_39.jpg

Like that turret's not already heavy enough - what's with the Christmas decorations! Errr, we needed to use our petrol quota Herr Hauptmann!

12 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

One of the greatest riffs of all time IMHO! 

Fo'Shizzle!

6 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

My original list <now digitally desecrated?> was more bread and butter scenario stuff I think. Glad to see the rare vehicles if somebody important also wanted to do them.

now digitally desecrated augmented? Sorry I just like looking at pictures Phil, get carried away sometimes dreaming of a garage full of these oddballs.

Wholeheartedly support the appeal for a NA vehicle pack, might even have a palm tree or two to contribute!

2 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

No worry! 🙂 Trying to be funny with digitally desecrated

Tis funny for sure, I always have a giggle reading through your threads, and appreciate the immense effort you put into this forum. 

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I think I have that somewhere on my shelves!

Great and early series from the 70's, well printed and thought out, plundering the Bundesarchiv library, inspiration for many a diorama. I still have my copies from my, erm, yuoff. Surprising how often I still browse through them, usually looking for some inspiration or image I think I've seen.  

Sorry I got a bit lost on YouTube after posting that video.....Anyhow:

24 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Like that turret's not already heavy enough - what's with the Christmas decorations! Errr, we needed to use our petrol quota Herr Hauptmann!

The full Malta kit looked like this (allegedly):

9km8FrABuikv6p6HKGXcgI0S91UvPIiqAbnV2S4_

Dodgy ammo stowage seems to be a bit of a recurring theme.  :wacko:

Revised from inputs received. Put Germans with Germans, etc. Organized it a tad...

THE CMFI FINAL PACK

Using the CMBN Vehicle Pack ($20 for 19 vehicles, 5 bunkers and 3 backpack flamethrowers) as a template. What BFC already has done might seem doable again to them.

Some of this 3D modelling is already out there in whole or partially in the other titles but some would be new stuff. New work by Casio Lima studios and the BFC art staff. A sincere salute to those guys! If you need an intern, I will volunteer.

This vehicle pack supports North Africa, Greece, Crete, maybe a quasi-France if modded, maybe Italians vs French before Torch, Free French tackling the Germans after Torch... 

VEHICLES

1. Panzer II Ausf F

We already have the running gear of the PzII from the Marder, and we have the 2cm KwK 30 autocannon from some of the armored cars SdKfz 232. So give us a PzIIF. I guess the F. Right?

2. Panzer III Ausf F early and late

This would give us a PzIII with the 37mm and then with the short 50mm. If we get a similar CMRT Dasvidaniya Comrades final vehicle pack for earlier Ost Front, then this work (and other stuff on this wish list) gets utilized again for their sales/profits/bottomline/businessmen smoking cigars stuff. 

3. PzIV Ausf D/E/F1 with short barrel 75

4. Stug III Ausf C with short barrel 75

5. the Panzer I    (why not)

6. That funky German vehicle, captured Soviet AT guns on a half-track chassis, "Diana" (only ~9 built so maybe too rare for BFC's taste?)

7. Some cool desert vehicle for personnel transport or towing Pak38's/etc...Sdkfz 10? 

8. Italian M13/40

9. earlier version of British armoured cars with AT rifle AND THE BREN with an AT rifle also.

10. British Vickers MkVIB Light Tank

11. Valentine for western desert, MkII and MkIII

12. MATILDA! Queen of the Desert

13. GRANT TANK!!!! and LEE TANK (US/USSR)

14.25 pounder as a deployable gun on the map! the QF 2 pounder also! and the 37mm Pak for German army not just FJ.

15 Sherman II with sandskirts

16 earlier Honeys, Stuart I and II with the cool commander's box thingy, with sandskirts

17 British Crusader Tank or other Cruiser tanks

18 some French vehicles from CMBN, oooh lala

19 and a smoke and a pancake, and a bong and a blintz?

BUNKERS:

Some kind of cool desert bunker thingy, metadata to not quite be concrete, I don't know. Tobruk bunker I think it was called?

A few cool flavor objects for North Africa? Go Ben!!!

INSTEAD OF FLAMETHROWERS:

1. bring over from CMRT the tiny 50mm mortar for the Germans

2. German and British and Italian anti-tank rifles

3. French MAS36 rifle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by kohlenklau

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Sorry I got a bit lost on YouTube after posting that video.....Anyhow:

The full Malta kit looked like this (allegedly):

Dodgy ammo stowage seems to be a bit of a recurring theme.  :wacko:

... and for a bit of balance, our Matilda with a fancy new frock ... specially for Malta apparently ...

xvivRrt.jpg
What's not to love about North Africa and the Med?

Edited by Lucky_Strike