Combat Mission Professional

10 hours ago, Probus said:

A YouTuber I've been watching tweeted about PRO:

Dunno how much he can show but should be interesting to follow.  He's just started uploading CM videos. He has many good things to say about Combat Mission.

Never had the decency to say publicly 'thanks Combatintman for the realistic map of Imber Village and scenario based on the map that you kindly made for us' though.

Thanks all who have PM'd me on this as well.  Fight Club has messaged me as well and I will respond as I supported the initiative initially because it was something that was much needed.  If I ever have the time in between Battlefront projects I will properly reengage with Fight Club as I think the group could use somebody who knows their way around the editor.

Sorry - just for closure and I should have mentioned this in my last post.  Fight Club has been very gracious in its response to me and for those in the UK who can make a contribution to improving the training of the British Army and are interested in helping out I can put you in touch.  Contributions from other passport holders with editor skills I'm sure will also be welcomed.  Please PM me if you are interested and I will hook you up.

The 'private party' involved basically had no interest in creating an entirely different world, so they went with CMBS terrain and focused instead on making changes to force composition, interface and game mechanics to suit their needs. I don't know the group playing this for Youtube. It could involve a CM fan (Hapless, of course) who likes using mods when he plays.

2 hours ago, Chudacabra said:

A bit late to the party, but is this going to be released to the public? Hapless' AAR looked fantastic.

That does not appear to be the plan and it probably works in the same way that Bohemia's Flashpoint/ARMA are public games while their military derivatives VBS-1, 2 etc are supplied to military customers.  I guess we can hold out for some of the features of the Professional version being moved across to the publicly available Battlefront titles but that would probably be on a case-by-case basis.

I assume the point of 'CM Professional' is if the Army of Bermuda were to want a training aid CM could whip up a version of the game with Bermudan Army TO&E and equipment, include likely OPFOR formations, and base it on the 'Professional' engine. 'Professional' would merely be the starting point for any client-requested variants. BFC would be happy campers if the US Marine Corps were to unexpectedly knock on Slitherine's door looking for a CM Pro tactical trainer.
 🤩