New Campaign FR Breakthrough to Kovel ready for download

Campaign briefing:

On the 16th of march 1944 a Fieseler Storch with SS-Gruppenführer Herbert-Otto Gille, the commanding officer of 5. SS-Panzer Division "Wiking" and his adjutant SS-Hauptsturmführer Westphal on board landed inside the town of Kovel. 
Kovel was just about to be surrounded by soviet units, many of them from the 47th army, your main adversary.
Kovel with the German garrison: 5000 soldiers and civilians inside it, was completely surrounded by the Red Army on the 19th of march 1944. 
Gille would be a major morale boost for the Kovel garrison and even though some would criticize Gille for not being at his divisional HQ outside Kovel during the battle his confidence in his officers abilities convinced him it was the right thing to do, besides that Hitler had declared Kovel a "Fester Platz" and had ordered Gille to get into Kovel and hold the city at all costs.

12 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

It truly is. The mastermaps alone took me more than two years: 2018 and 2019 to complete. Then the TO&E: I wanted it to be as precise as possible to get the correct formations in the campaign and I think I got it fairly correct.

Wow. So you began making it before CMFR came to life?

28 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

Wow. So you began making it before CMFR came to life?

Well, the first module for red thunder was awaited for many years by a lot of people like Aragorn2002 so I new we would get winterconditions and lend lease vehicles. It was a question of planning how to make as much work before the fire & rubble was (finally) released in april this year. 

57 minutes ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

The mastermaps alone took me more than two years: 2018 and 2019 to complete.

One can totally see that.  Some of the other excellent designers have worked for similar periods or even longer on standalone scenarios.  Of the current designers who are still on these forums, MOS and GeorgeMC come to mind.  

• 4 months later...

Having a lot of fun with the second mission, map is beautiful and enemy placement is well thought out. Stare Kozary Station and Stare Kozary West are firmly in German hands but we've taken 14 KIA and 7 WIA in the process. One of the Soviet snipers even managed to hit one of my men 550 meters away, but Ivan has also suffered around 100 casualties and there's still an hour left on the clock so I think I'm doing alright. Excited to play more and see what else the reds have to throw at me in this and later missions.

cm-red-thunder-exe-Screenshot-2021-12-26

• 3 months later...

OOB german forces:

You have 5 Core units:

Core unit 1.
From 131. Infanterie Division - 434 Grenadier Regiment:
2nd Battalion (II./Gren. Rgt. 434) - Commanding Officer (CO) Hauptmann Bolm

3 x Infantry (Grenadier) companys (numbered 5+6+7) each with:
3 Infantry platoons.
1 Heavy section - 2 x HMG.

1 x Heavy Company (numbered 😎 with 3 platoons:
1st Platoon - 6 x HMG.
2nd Platoon - 6 x 81 mm. medium Mortars.
3rd Platoon - 4 x 120 mm. heavy Mortars.

Core unit 2.
From 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking" - SS Panzergrenadier Regiment 9 "Germania".
3rd Battalion, the divisional halftrack Bn. (III.(gep)/"Germania") - CO SS-Sturmbannführer Franz Hack. Note ! gep = gepanzert (armored).

3 x Panzergrenadier Companys (numbered 9+10+11) each with:
3 Panzergrenadier platoons
1 Heavy Platoon - 2 x 2 HMGs + 2 x 81 mm. medium Mortars.

1 x Heavy Company (numbered 12)
4 x 120 mm. Mortars.
As mentioned earlier in the briefing the battalion has no halftracks so thats all the heavy company has for equipment.

NOTE ! instead of the normal 8 panzergrenadiere in each squad when the battalion has halftracks, you now have 9 panzergrenadiere in most of the squads.

Core unit 3.
From 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking" - SS Panzer Regiment 5. - 2nd Battalion (II./SS. Pz.-Rgt. 5).

8. Kompanie - CO SS-Obersturmführer Karl Nicolussi-Leck.

17 x Panther tanks.
3 platoons each with 5 panther tanks and a HQ with 2 panther tanks.

Also in Core unit 3:
From 5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking" - SS Panzer Regiment 5. - 2nd Battalion - Headquaters Company (Stabskompanie).

Stabskompanie HQ - 2 x 251/1 and Company HQ team (in the real battle the halftracks was 251/8 the ambulance variation).
Aufklärung/Pionier (recon) platoon - 3 x 251/7 with 3 recon squads and platoon HQ.

Core unit 4.
Sturmgeschütz Brigade 190. - (StuG. Brigade 190) - CO Major Kröhne.

17 x StuG. III (early) in two batteries + Brigade HQ.

1. Batterie: 9 x StuG. III + Major Kröhnes HQ StuG. III, in total 10 StuG. IIIs, that will support III.(gep)/"Germania".

2. Batterie: 7 x StuG. III that will support II./Gren. Rgt. 434.

Core unit 5.
From 131. Infanterie Division - 434 Grenadier Regiment:

13. Kompanie - the regimental infantry gun company
6 x 75 mm. light infantry guns.
2 x 150 mm. heavy infantry guns.

131. Infanterie Division was deployed on the german eastern front from june 1941 to may 1945.
5. SS Panzer Division "Wiking" was deployed on the german eastern front from june 1941 to may 1945. Note ! first as a motorized then as a panzergrenadier and in the last period as a panzer division.