Pieces Missing

KGBoy

Hi

I've been messing around in the Scenario Editor (way beyond my abilities) and was loading equipment that never shows on the map. Flak, Wespes come to mind but others too.

I own CMBN and Market Garden. Not sure what else to add?

52 minutes ago, KGBoy said:

Hi

I've been messing around in the Scenario Editor (way beyond my abilities) and was loading equipment that never shows on the map. Flak, Wespes come to mind but others too.

I own CMBN and Market Garden. Not sure what else to add?

Maybe you should change "on map-off map" option in the lower middle section of the screen. 

10 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Maybe you should change "on map-off map" option in the lower middle section of the screen. 

Not sure where that is! look around but cannot see it.

I just want to get to know the equipment not build a scenario yet the equipment doesn't load. Flak heavy loads if I'm in INFANTRY but not if I'm in ARTILLERY. Very confusing.

15 minutes ago, KGBoy said:

I just want to get to know the equipment not build a scenario yet the equipment doesn't load. Flak heavy loads if I'm in INFANTRY but not if I'm in ARTILLERY. Very confusing.

In the scenario editor under Formations most artillery (IIRC exceptions are medium mortars) and all aircraft will not show up on the map.  They are off map assets.  Often in Infantry, armored infantry and armored formations you will have a choice if some mortars (usually medium) on map or off map.  There is sometimes also a choice if infantry is mounted or dismounted.  If you choose dismounted the infantry transport vehicles will not show up (halftracks, APCs, trucks, etc.). 

When there is a choice for on map or off map, for certain equipment, the option is at the bottom of the unit purchase screen.  Click on the purchased formation in the top right column (example: 1st Armored Battalion).  Then at the bottom of the screen are four boxes.  The left box will contain a list of vehicles, sub formations etc. when appropriate.  Click on medium mortar (or anything).  Now the next box to the right will show more information.  For medium mortars there is usually a choice for on or off map. 

If your still having trouble after reading the above, what game title, nationality and equipment type refuses to appear on the map?       

Making a testing range is a lot of fun.

Once you purchase axis units as desired. Then you should "deploy axis units" to open your 3D map and position the units. 

Then save the scenario with a name you like, "KGBoy Testing Range".?

Then go to the normal start menu for the game and click Battle and play your "KGBoy Testing Range" as axis.

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

most artillery (IIRC exceptions are medium mortars) and all aircraft will not show up on the map.

Oh, oh, oh! I get it. Tricky.  Thanks @MOS:96B2P and everyone. Been pulling my very few hairs out on this. Eventually I hope the purchase screen will become my friend.

And wouldn't you know it. I am missing Self propelled howitzer heavy -- the Hummel. Any ideas where it might be as it is missing under ARMOR

I loved that one from CM1!

My bad -- on map off map thingy. Sorry for the trouble.

Edited by KGBoy

8 minutes ago, KGBoy said:

My bad -- on map off map thingy. Sorry for the trouble.

I take it that means you found an on-map option?  Anyway, no worries I had the same problem some time ago with other weapons (88s I think).  You live and learn (as I've said more than once today 😉).