JSGME Mod Enabler interferes with CM2?

Erwin

I tried using the JSGME mod enabler software with my WOTP to install the FOTRS mega mod.  It worked brilliantly, but now I find that the only CM2 games that will run are CMA and CMBN.  It's notable that those are the only two games that do not store content in Admin/My Docs... etc.

All the CM2 game files seem to be in their proper places.  But when I try starting the CM2 games, whether from the Start Menu or from Desktop shortcuts, all that happens is that the screen goes black for a fraction of a second and then back to desktop.

In addition, I noticed that all the files for WITPAE had competely vanished(!!)   Fortunately I had backups for WITPAE on a different HD and was able to simply copy the entire game folder back and it now works fine.

Is JSGME dangerous to use.  Or what do you think is happening?

How to get the CM2 games running again.  (Am hoping I don't have to reinstall everything.)