Fire Brigade - huge CMBN scenario

Started playing this xnt large scenario H2H - altho there are also vs AI scenarios for each side.  This was made when CMBN was the only WW2 release and it's designed to feel like German vs Soviet on the East Front in 1944.  However, US take the place of the Soviets.  

Xnt map and interesting situation.  Was thinking that the designer was as good as some of GeorgeMC's scenarios.  Then realized tis scenario was designed by GeorgeMC.  Probably his first,. or nearly so...

George:  Hope this may be ported to CMRT so it can be played the way you originally intended.

16 hours ago, Erwin said:

Started playing this xnt large scenario H2H - altho there are also vs AI scenarios for each side.  This was made when CMBN was the only WW2 release and it's designed to feel like German vs Soviet on the East Front in 1944.  However, US take the place of the Soviets.  

Xnt map and interesting situation.  Was thinking that the designer was as good as some of GeorgeMC's scenarios.  Then realized tis scenario was designed by GeorgeMC.  Probably his first,. or nearly so...

George:  Hope this may be ported to CMRT so it can be played the way you originally intended.

Thanks Erwin. Ha1 Ha! Aye my doppelganger ;)

Not first, not close, as I'd done loads of CMSF stuff prior - on large (for the game engine limitations at the time) maps. Just minded me I've been involved with CMX2 since its intial inception as was invited onto the beta team when CMSF was in early development stages. seems a loooong time ago now.

I was itching for the Russian Front so built this one. It uses a map I used for one of the CMBB Panzer Count missions based on a real location near Kharkov. If someone can port it into CMRT I can take a look at it and update - as its a great map (and turn it into a winter action for CMFR) but not sure if the AI plans etc would survive it!

Cheery!

On 7/13/2021 at 5:37 PM, Erwin said:

+1  Below is the link for this scenario. 

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/cm-battles-for-normandy/fire-brigade/